In Need of a Gulf Car Photo - Details inside...

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

Our skin designers are in need of a good MKI Gulf car shot. What we're looking for is a rather top down view of a Gulf car, one that is fully dressed in graphics and so forth. Basically a shot that would be taken from about 12 ft above the car looking downward on it.

If we can't get that shot we'll entertain other Gulf cars as well, but I would like them to be finished, with good detail, and definitely MKI cars - not a MKII in oil colors. More original looking cars are preferred for this particular motif.

Does anyone have anything they could help us out with? If we get a good one your car will become the Gulf motif car for the forum.

Best,
Ron

Malc's car at donnington

Attachments

• P4210106.jpg
    P4210106.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 703
I have it in higher res, but don't know if it will suit your needs, have tons more of Malc's car I shot in while the UK in his drive. I'll get some off to you tonight.

Before we do this though, we best evaluate what's going to happen to Malcolm's ego if his car is immortalized on the site.

Harry

Admin
Hello all!

we are the designers hired by Ron. A top front view of the car is what would be best for the layout as it would make good part of the car show in it. The angle used in the car model in the current layout is good; it would be even better if it were just a bit more from the top, an almost isometric view. It's also important that the car is fully visible, with no parts half hidden by walls, other cars, or people.

For the details on the body of the car model depicted, of course, we have absolutely no experience to judge - so the choice is yours! About the Gulf car, we seem to understand that the number "6" has a certain relevance, since it was used by a particularly successful vehicle, right?

Thanks all, and congratulations for all your amazing cars and all the amazing amount of efforts put into each of them!

Thomas Hertzler

Lifetime Supporter
My SPF roller has arrived (Gulf A with roundels, no decals yet). I am going to look at it tomorrow for the first time. If the request is still standing, I find out if my dealer can stage a shot.

Thomas

Harry

Admin
Hey all,

thanks for the pictures. While we have received many from Ron, I think we should have enough choice to work now. Should we need more, we will let you know.

We have another request, which we have sent to Ron as well but which you might help with. We are in need of a car detail for each of these models. By car detail I mean a nice view of a wheel, or of the engine of the car - what's important is that the part is representative of the car in general. I think we might already have a wheel detail for the Gulf car, so we need a detail for each of these (I do not know if color is important for details like the engine, adding it just in case). Resolution is not as important as in the other image we needed, since this will be used as a background image.

* A red car detail (see pic)
* Black MKII car
* Yellow MKIV

Thanks all for the great help.

Attachments

• Run-and-Gun-2007-045.jpg
    Run-and-Gun-2007-045.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 496

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

To clarify, what Carlito needs is very specific:

*Gulf car detail, something unique from a Gulf car to use in the motif. It could be any Gulf car really, not specific. I don't even know what oil car Carlito chose for the motif, it'll be a suprise!

*Black MK II detail, we're using the black car that is in a thread on the site where Johan posted the pictures. Johan, have any detail of that car?

*Red MK I detail from Dean's car (Dean, are you reading emails?)

*MK IV detail from Jim G.'s car, Jim, do you have anything?

Ron Earp

Admin
Here is one of the motifs, there will be three more. These are far from done and I know the black/white/gold will be a bit hard to read so we'll work on that. But I do like the way it looks!

Ron

Attachments

• gt40s_layout_2.jpg
    gt40s_layout_2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 487
Back