Isis Power

Who cares if you agree we care about this "Agreed, the trick is to get it done for the price of the isis or at least crack the code, which I may try to do... " Lets get cracking ADRIAN!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
That was my old harness and I ended up re-doing it to simplify it. Also, about 40% of what you see there is extra loom and wire looped back on itself so I could re-design it later if I wanted to (which is a good thing I did it that way, because I needed the extra wires and slack later on)

Here's where I'm at now for my final harness that deals with both the ISIS and digidash

dash1-3.jpg

Could I trim it down more? Absolutely - note how many "dead ends" there are in it (i.e., excess wire incase i need it down the road) - however I like it this way because it's easy for me to work on.

If I got rid of the terminal blocks and soddered te stuff together in a loom all I'd have is 1 piece of wire loom and that's it. However, it'd be more difficult to work on in the future. Also, if I didn't double up wire (the digidash GPS unit has about 20ft of wire I had to double up into the loom) I'd cut down there.

I choose to do it this way to make it easier to work on down the road.

It's silly to say the above is what ISIS represents; no, what ISIS represents is somebody (i.e., me) who's NEVER done any wiring before, who didn't even know what words like 'crimp', 'strip', meant, was able to wire a car and have EVERYTHING working perfectly the first time through.

Alex

Are you going to have the windscreen and dash hinged somehow to enable you to get access to all that wiring and connectors?

Once it's all buttoned up I'd hate to think what problems you will have if you get a short circuit or a fault you need to trace

IAn

Alex

Are you going to have the windscreen and dash hinged somehow to enable you to get access to all that wiring and connectors?

Once it's all buttoned up I'd hate to think what problems you will have if you get a short circuit or a fault you need to trace

IAn

The windshield is plastic and will either be screwed in with 4-6screws or held in with 4 tabs, I havn't decided yet (so easy access)

The dash is incredibly easy to install/remove - undo 2 weatherpaks on the underside, unscrew 2 screws, and pull the dash forward - it you notice in that crappy picture at the front of the winshield there are 2 1/4'' aluminum Ls sticking up? The dash is propped up there by it. So basically the dash is free floating (the Ls prevent it from bouncing) and only held in with 2 screws

So to access anything under the dash would take less than 30seconds to reach, and there's absolutely no reason to have to remove the windshield to work on it. Very easy.

The way I approach building is that I fully anticipate everything to fail, so I want to make it as easy to replace as possible down the road.

Who cares if you agree we care about this "Agreed, the trick is to get it done for the price of the isis or at least crack the code, which I may try to do... " Lets get cracking ADRIAN!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha
I am working on my engine adaptor (bmw12 to Audi) and remaining drive train type issues but it is coming

Oh I'm in no rush as I getting married in May and will not be ordering my SL-C until a little bit after so get your drive train situated and then get back at it. You have a few more months!!!!

Back