Jms iii slc

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Jay,

Sounds like you fellows had a great time. Since it is doing well why not bring the SLC over to VIR for the Ultimate Track Car Challenge this coming Friday? I imagine as unique as a car it is that the UTCC guys would allow it in, even at this late of a date. We'd love to run the T70 against it and see how they stack up and with a timed event on the full course you'd get a chance to see how it runs against a large group of cars.

Ron

I have asked John to bring the car next weekend...he has not let me know yet.

Having just run four track days this week he may not have time...hopefully he can though.

Fran I have heard that same quote from other Ultima owners. Actually the owner of Swartz performance (1001HP Ultima LS1 220MPH Texas mile) was the one that said it to me and in all honesty HE is the one that guided me to you. I was factoring in one of his motors for an Ultima (although not as much HP) but now it is going into an SLC. Fran I think that your arrow has pierced more farther into the target than you think!!!!!

that has got to be the most lame write up on any car I have ever seen. how can you give a write up running the car "upto" 4500 rpm's. you have got to be kidding me.

This is the best comment of all I think "The Enzo is still a street car that wants really badly to be a race car."

OMG. I'm rolling on the floor. I have raced many cars, I have owned almost every car. I had the 3rd Enzo that entered the country, yes I owned it. I also owned a 360C and raced it. the 360C would eat the SLC alive let alone the Enzo. SLC is not even on the same planet as the Enzo. are you kidding, give me a break. yes I have an SLC as well, it is built to the teeth. it is not close to a ferrari in any way what so ever.

the SLC is jaw dropping on the street, mainly because of the fact that you dont see anything like this on the street. I love the look of the SLC, thats why I got one. is it fast? yes, in the top 3 of fastest cars I have driven, but I have big HP in it. way too much in fact for the car.

it is a very difficult car to drive and unforgiving. its raw for sure. my favorite cars are race cars, raw, unsettled, and too much power. do I like the SLC? love it, looks awesome, its just cool.

would I compare it to a Ferrari on any level? not a chance. Let your dad have fun with HIS car. When you get one, build it, actually drive the piss out of it, then post a driving impression.

here is a shot of part of my garage for you. Forum members have been in it so they can confirm.

Attachments

• DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 547
  • DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC00865.jpg
    DSC00865.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 555
  • DSC00861.jpg
    DSC00861.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 509

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
good for you tim. far too much bullshit happens in this moderated forum. let me do a write up...but it ud get deleted.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Jim, Thanks for the impression of your first time out in new car. Some of the best reading on this website is people driving their new car for the first time. Hell I don't know how fast fast is either. I do know that a properly built SLC will be faster than I can drive it. Isn't that fast enough?

By the way Betty, my GT40 took out a Enzo one day, was it a fair gun fight? Hell no, I got the jump on him and out ran him until he didn't want to go any faster. Betty is a old GTD with 360Hp................and faster than a Enzo at 1/10th the cost.....at least that day. Would I race Mario in a Enzo for money? Not unless he stars in reverse and I get to call the finish-line.

One last thing, my SLC will come in at something like 1/7th the cost of a Enzo. And I bet I could drive my SLC at the same lap times as I could drive a Enzo.... and not much faster. They are surely both fast enough to straighten my hair.

Calm down Tim, we are not all rich.... My dick is bigger than yours too....but I won't post a picture if you don't mind.

The Ultima GTR outdid the Enzo FXX on the Top gear track with superior rubber and M. Schumacher behind the wheel of it, not to mention the spanking it handed to the standard Enzo. I can't imagine that a 360 Challenge car would come close to keeping up with any of them. The SL-C is still unproven as of yet but I'd imagine it would fall right in line with the fastest times on the Top Gear track. Of course I haven't driven driven any of them so what the hell do I know. I do know I'll spank all of them with my shifter kart though and that is less than 10k :tongue3:

Howard, BIG thanks for refraining from posting pics.

I think that J. was relaying the comment of another driver- and one who had also driven an Enzo at VIR- not making a comment on his own. Why is that lame? Apparently another person with access to both cars thought enough of the SLC to make the unsolicited comment.

Is it too much to believe that a hand-built car could seriously challenge the Enzo at the track? With adequate power, a sorted car, and a capable driver, Ultimas have already shown that they can beat even the FXX variant on the track, as RX Heven mentions above. I don't think the Ultima, with a chassis that is significantly less rigid than the SLC, and an overall design that is already decades old, would be an overdog in a race with an equally prepared and sorted SLC. It follows that a well-built, sorted and well-driven SLC could indeed lap faster than an Enzo, especially considering that the Enzo is considerably heavier, and considering that the SLC can be made to have much more power than the Enzo.

Your SLC has a great specification, but have you actually run the car competitively yet? I don't mean burnouts on the street, but serious time at a real track. If you haven't done that yet, and actually developed the car on the track, perhaps you would be surprised at the results when someone else actually does that. If you have, please share the details with the rest of us!

In the meantime, everyone, regardless of whether they have a dog in the fight or not, should welcome feedback from those who are actually running their cars at the track. Those pioneers blaze the way for the rest of us to get the most from these great cars.

I was actually at VIR for a day with J. and his father when they began shaking down the car. What I saw was a car with great potential. They began with the prudent goal of becoming acclimated to the car, and working up to speed. This is a reasonable approach, and a mature one. More speed will come when the new engine is broken in, when the car is sorted, and when they have more seat time in a very fast car. All that will make what is already a fast car right off the trailer now, into a formidably fast car later.

Eventually we will be able to judge whether the comparison to an Enzo is actually "lame"-- or not. In the meantime, I look forward to the contributions of everyone who is interested in these cars, especially those who are actually running them at the track.

Jim & his Dad have a done a spendid job of it! My SL-C is getting closer every day to completion. J's car is tidy, well built, and IMO has the BEST choice with the LS376 & Ricardo gearbox. I'll be down on HP a little from his car, but mine is primarily for the street. Congratulations on some successful testing guy's!

here is a shot of part of my garage for you. Forum members have been in it so they can confirm.

Wow Tim, your critique of my post was very helpful. In the future, I'll try to give more consideration to your perspective so as not to offend. It's not just your level of financial resources that is impressive, but it's your class and sophistication that is truly inspiring.

Best of luck with the fire sale.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I really liked J's writeup for information, for enthusiasm, for thoughtfulness, for insight and for good writing. One could debate the relative lameness of Enzos, SLCs, and their respective owners all day long. However, semi-coherent, badly spelled and ungrammatical rants are lame no matter what.

OTOH, I've seen enough show-off garage photos to be completely bored by them. I think they even have a thread devoted to that over on Ferrari chat. Now that's really lame.

I hope J and his father keep building, fixing, driving, testing and then writing about it all day long.

I hope J and his father keep building, fixing, driving, testing and then writing about it all day long.

Thanks Alan, you bet! BTW, I'd saw my left foot off with a plastic knife for an Enzo; no one in their right mind would choose the pink slip to an SLC over an million-dollar car. It is a direct quote though, and I figured most people would understand the implications, however subtle.

BTW, I WOULD take an SLC over a 360 challenge 365/24/7, and I was not the only one (such as one of the engineers on the Bennett 430 car in the next paddock). Faster, easier to work on, much cheaper to run, just as much fun. When it is all sorted, I fully expect to be able to run with a well driven 430 Challenge car (sub 2 minutes full course VIR). But I thought I'd wait until I have data to prove it.

personally, I have never liked any ferraris....can't explain it, but it is true. they do nothing for me. kinda like harleys - I have the same reaction. now the GT40...whoa - different story altogether.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
My favorite Ferrari was the 246 Dino.....thought a few since then were OK, but the Dino did it for me!

Doug

Back