Jonathans RCR 40 Build

I got the breathers from a Marine Supply store. I don't remember where but I don't think you will have troubles finding them. Marine Supply is also a good place to source the fuel filler hoses.

Jim, I plan on running the Dragon in it next year.

Chuck

Supporter
West Marine, Model 138792, chrome plated brass that fits a 5/8" hose. $10.99. Described as a "thru-hull vent."

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
I highly recommend the ones Chuck mentions from Street Rods by Michael. I have them and will use them again.

Ron McCall

Supporter
That's what I have as well.

Attachments

• 127_2771 (Small).JPG
    127_2771 (Small).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,183
Today was the big day. The car moved under its own power for the first time. It took a while to sort the shifter out. I could not get first gear. A bolt for attaching the shifter cable heim joint to the sector shaft was bottoming out against the transaxle before it got to the gate for first gear. Once I cut a few threads off the bolt I was good to go.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
OK Jonathan...so I'll be the first to ask....where's the vid man. We have become quite accustomed to having sound bites and vid ya know..... :D

BTW congrats on the maiden voyage.

Congratulations Jonathan...Pictures /Video.....????

Ron et al....
there's a huge order of axles manufactured and everyone will have access to them ...
I have been sending out one-sie two-sies to have them check fitted with the various transaxle packages being used..

Back