Jonathans RCR 40 Build

Chuck

Supporter
Great video clip! One definitly gets the flavor, even on my laptops tiny speakers. You have reached a real milestone. Keep the updates coming . . . .

Chuck

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Intoxicating sound, Jonathan - and is all the more precious given where the fraternity of RF Mates were only 18 months ago.

For those still planning their cars (or waiting to get to your point), it's little things like your sound bite that keep the dream alive. Thanks for sharing, man!

Best,

T.

WOW! I left this window open last night at about 10:30, but didn't reply until this morning. Even with the crappy mic, it sounds wonderful! I can only imagine how it must sound in person.

Fantastic, how could you switch it off? You are soon going to be very unpopular with the neighbours, blasting around the block at all hours.

Way to go!

Dalton

Time to post some updates. I got the carpets in a few weeks ago:

Attachments

• IM000756.jpg
    IM000756.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,127
Over the weekend I permanently attatched the roof. I had to make a shim out of 1/4 inch plywood to get the roof to the height I wanted. You can see the shim in black in front of the dash.

Attachments

• IM000757.jpg
    IM000757.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,023
Today the glass guy mounted the windshield. I am happy with the results. It took them over two hours. They had to grind down a few spots to get it to fit right. The extra time paid off in the results:

Attachments

• IM000758.jpg
    IM000758.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,119
I also got the body latches mounted over the weekend. Who would have thought that it would take an entire day to mount them. I had to weld a 90 degree braket to the J hooks on the body and weld an extension on the latch side hook to make them longer.

Attachments

• IM000761.jpg
    IM000761.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 979
  • IM000759.jpg
    IM000759.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 959
I have been pretty busy over the last few weeks on the car but it is hard to remember everything I got done. I remember doing the install on the entire AC system. Mounting the reservors for the brakes. Installing a keyless start security system. Doing a bunch of body alignment. Roughing in the wheel alignment. Installing the fuel fill lines. Redoing my throttle cable to carb linkage.

I am really close to being legal on the car now. All I really need to do is set up the brakes and then it is ready to be driven. (Notice I did not say done. These cars are never really done and this one has a lot of little stuff yet to do. The little stuff can wait until I drive it once.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Looking GREAT!! It's about time there was another "stock "bodied RCR completed !!! I'm getting tired of all of the FAT ASS cars coming out!!!!! ;) :)

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Jonathan,

Looking great. It's cool to see others getting so close. It's like we're all graduating or something. Keep up the good work!

Ron- Feel free to ship me your ride with a set of flares and I'll put them on for you! I'm getting pretty good at it by now. Of course, you'd get to paint it again but the wide body would be yours...

Ron,
I have ordered a standard ASS,(as you put it) RCR GT40,
with an ASS all girls should have "small".
I like the smaller rear end,
Should have the car January 2008.

Neil

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Great job Jonathan, I guess you will join us next year at the "DRAGON" for a ride through the Smokey Mountains in your GT40.

Jonathan the car is looking fantastic i love the colour. can you tell me were you got the little breathers on the picture of your fuel caps small round alloy breather? how long do you think it will be befor your all done and dusted?

Back