Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Keith

Danny Watts is the man! (LMP2) He is fast in anything he gets in - amazing he never got a seat in F1, DTM or any other premier series..:shrug:

Re: Leading Audi.. It's not David's but it's only a lap behind and it's quicker - might be an interesting finish

Need some rain David? :laugh:

Keith

Just lost the top running petrol car, the Aston/Lola

Bum

What happened? Was it wrecked? It was that close to the finish that all they had to do was cross the line and they would have still ended up with a decent result, but not, of course, if it only had one wheel left on it...:quirk:

by some quirk it was the right hand bank of cylinders, just like the Peugeots...although it appears all those peugeots had teh same type of faliure under the same circumstances, just left the pits and all failed on the same few hundred yards of track although and very different times of the race.

i heard that Nigel Mansell was racing with his 2 sons but crashed early on, sounded quite serious.

Porsche have 16 wins, Audi and Ferrari now have 9 each. Audi have their 9 in an 11 year period.....

Interesting that the Peugeot's all failed after pit stops, but what I found much more interesting was that they had all done a stint at blistering speed, stopped, then another stint at qualifying like pace, stopped and then pop.

It might have been prudent to wind the boost/revs back for a lap or two before stops to let things cool a little, heat soaking in the pits is a known risk factor for turbo cars, if they're run flat out right up to the stop they'll be hotter than ever.

Good on Audi though, flogged themselves and their cars for 24 hours and came up with the goods.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Iain,
I saw Olly in the Audi Joest garage and we downed some champagne. Tom K came over and congratulated him on his driving skills and manner, which I thought was nice thing for him to say.
Just arrived home. The one thing that stood out on the drive home - about 30% of cars - all sorts but mainly boy racer varieties now have the top - front to back - stripes. How sad.....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It will be interesting when the ACO publish the final attendance figures - on Sunday they made great mileage out of the provisional attendance figures quoting over 255,000 individuals watching around the circuit and in excess of 7,000 team members. With bar code scanning they knew to a man (or woman) how many were inside at any one time. Quite a massive event really.
Eat your heart out Ecclestone.........

Hi David,

I had a brief conversation with Olivers father (I think I woke him up) who said they had a gear box failure whilst running 4th at around the 22 hrs , that would have been a 1,2,3,4 for Audi !

Thanks for keeping us all informed

Regards

Iain

Back