Lifetime Supporter
I like Cadbury Buttons - does that count? :laugh:

Attachments

• Cadbury-Buttons.jpg
    Cadbury-Buttons.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 310

Ron Earp

Admin
Like, you know, the guy that runs the site he's, like, an asshat and probably can't be bothered to add in a like feature.

Count me against.

Among other things:

When it comes to opinion, I don't care how many people agree or disagree, I want to understand why.

When it comes to information, what exactly does a number of anonymous likes add that is useful?
Nothing that has any weight with me.

I don't even want to start on the disease that is Facebook...

Etc.

Tim.

I don't see one but I have mechanisms in place to remove Facebook crap so perhaps it is being filtered for being too Facebook like. Or is it actually a Facebook like button?

Tim.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Wait, like, we already have a like button. Look at the top of the thread!
I see it, Ron...but if one wanted to "Like" a certain post rather than an entire thread, how would they accomplish that?

I've never even been tempted to join the whole Facebook circus, so I am not aware of how the whole process works.

Cheers!

Doug

I loathe Facebook.

Ok... It was just a suggestion that I thought could help alleviate all the BS and clutter in build threads that could otherwise be eliminated by a simple button (that is NOT connected to Facebook).

Edit:
If a person "likes" a posting, they "like" it.
"Unlike" or whatever its called is not used and the person writes why they "unlike" said post.
Just trying to help streamline build threads... But, like, whatever...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Given the rich content in these archives we know as GT40s.com, I would think any decision to make changes to the forum software would be carefully weighed for their value. Appropriate recovery processes would need to be tested and in place. The forum would likely need to be down for the duration of the backup and verification pass, then through the upgrade and database conversion process as well as the upgrade verification / testing.

So - how important is the LIKE function and could you live without the forum for the duration of the outage and upgrade?

Back