LOLA T70 scratch build...

Hi David,

I haven´t been able to complete the bodyshell yet and I´m not sure if I´ll ever suceed as far as parts of SL 76/147 are concerned. Think I´ll have to resort to any other body parts.

Best,
Marcus

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Marcus
Glad to see you are still on board.Aren't the panels you need still available from TWM ?? The owners worked for Specialized Mouldings, in the 60's and 70's.

Welcome to TWM

They claim to have original Lola moulds-- found here

Welcome to TWM

I would think they would be easier to source there, than from the US. If not I'll look into it harder per our previous conversations.

Keep up the good work.

Kindest Regards
Brian

I know where there is a deal on a T703b set of bodywork....
A recently purchased spyder came with a set of unused coupe panels.

I would think they would be easier to source there, than from the US. If not I'll look into it harder per our previous conversations.

Keep up the good work.

Kindest Regards
Brian

Brian, that´s most kind of you, many thanks. Thing is I got in touch with TWM quite some time ago and found their pricing...let´s call it "breathtaking".

All the best to you,

Marcus

Awesome ! ---'ya sure you got enough room for a trans axle between them ? (the 17 x 15s) next challenge would be the tyres ?

Yes, quite a challenge, think my only choice will be either 335 Pirelli P7s or threaded AVON racers.

If things go according to plan (better: my wishful thinking), a LG600 would be the way to go, otherwise a provisional replacement would do.

Had a look at elite racing transmissions in the UK.

All the best,
Marcus

Ahem, Marcus, I haven't seen any pics of your wife for a while. Is Susanne still assisting witht the build? I'm starting to miss her (no offence re your own workmanship).

Dalton,

she is still with me on my build, funnily enough her workmanship often superseeds mine.

Now that either indicates either how good her workmanship is or how bad mine is... "wink"

Best wishes,
Marcus

Got a set of magnesium upper and lower rear chassis cross beams:

Attachments

• Chassis_Cross_Beams1.jpg
    Chassis_Cross_Beams1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 688
  • Chassis_Cross_Beams2.jpg
    Chassis_Cross_Beams2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 614
Hi Marcus. Really nice job, congratulations. Where you find the measurements for the chassis parts? I believe that you have access to another T70. My question it´s because I have interest to make one to myself, and his work really got me excited. In Brasil we don´t have the "facilities" that you have in Europe to see another cars to use as reference. No problems to import parts. Any help are welcome.

Hi Oldman,

thank you for the compliments. Dimensions are taken from the set of flat patterns,
see earlier posts.

Regards,
Marcus

Digitalizing the chassis-panels is almost finished.

You can´t imagine how much work this has been...

Meanwhile a set of brand new Girling calipers 18/4 and 16/4 has arrived:

Attachments

• Girling_Calipers1.jpg
    Girling_Calipers1.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Girling_Calipers2.jpg
    Girling_Calipers2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 454
  • Girling_Calipers3.jpg
    Girling_Calipers3.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 462
  • Girling_Calipers4.jpg
    Girling_Calipers4.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 445
  • Girling_Calipers5.jpg
    Girling_Calipers5.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 423
Hi Marcus,
Thanks for the info, I had read that in the past, but my memory is not what it used to be.........

I have contacted you before, about the spec of the alliminum you are useing And your chassis has inspired me to start my own. ( I have on your recomendation, bought some hole flares from Irvan Smith )

I am building an alloy riveted and bonded, chassis for my GT 40 from mainly 1.6mm alloy, I am going to use Arraldite 420,to bond it together, but it only has a working time of 20 mins, before it starts to go off, because you are useing solid rivets, I was wondering what adhesive you used as it must take a long time to set the rivets compared to a blind rivets

I hope you can find the time to reply

Your project is amazing, and I, allways look forward to your posts

Regards

mick

Hi Mick,

give "Terokal 5045" a try.

Large car manufacturers use this stuff for glueing car bodies together.

It has a working time of 90 mins. at room temperature and is made for steel and ally panels.

Glueing and sealing goes in one step without any primer and it has a shear strength of more than 20 MPa.

Best,
Marcus

Ahoi Fran,

I admit I´m not yet too familiar with all these paperwork-issues.

Of course, it would be nice to obtain some kind of official FIA-paperwork, just not sure if my envisaged engine-spec and other details would be standing against this.

Racing: If at all then I guess it would only be a thing of club-events or hillclimbs.

Best to you,

Marcus

Back