Mk1/mk2

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
There is no bluff Will. Once the cars done, I feel sorry for all of u who pre-judged an honest member. How you sleep at night accusing people of things you have no idea about, is beyond me.

Michael, Somebody suggested to me to get an older version F1 car for 200,000 as no car will compete with that. Thing is though

A: Need F1 license
B: Its not usable on the street
C: It will probbably kill the driver faster than anything else
SO its just dumb. Sure can be done, but dumb all at the same time.

So Im sure there is stuff for that cost, thats why I looked into this rather than hyper cars that cost tripple of that as I wont ever spend that kind of $ for a car. However, if a GT40 is impossible to make do what Im after with its incredible power-weight ratio advantage, can a GT replica be done with its already 'superior' aeros n thus not spend the 250k cost upfront to get a standard one but rather build one from the ground up thus still being a car thats personalized to me.

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Well, clearly the Matech cars are not F1 cars but they do seem to meet most if not all your requirements. Why would you not consider one?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
George, read "Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans"
by A.J. Baime it will answer all your MKI vs II questions. The MKIV is really a different car.
If you want to go fast on a race track with a GT40 body, put one on a used Shelby Can-Am sports racer and you'll go as fast as your skills will take you. They can be easily had for $30KUS.
If you have plans to be the next Henry Ford, remember for every Carroll Shelby, there is a John DeLorean.

Veek, well said, except that for every Shelby there are 1,000 DeLoreans.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Well, clearly the Matech cars are not F1 cars but they do seem to meet most if not all your requirements. Why would you not consider one?

Hi - its still a 1200kg car. A GT40 is 400 less than that, giving it some phenominal straight line performance (though this is not the main thing, its just part of the entire makeup)

I also wonder howmuch a Matech would cost, and whether that is streetable.

I also like the idea of getting something built fresh, rather than paying someone else for what they thought of/designed, as then I know the car.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Do you think the GT40 you are designing would be able to keep up with a Matech car around any circuit? Do you think your design will exceed that of the Matech design? I will say again I bet $200k would buy one. Seems like a much shorter putt towards your goal of a GT40 look with Enzo like performance...

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
I will put it as a consideration. Once im ready, I will suss out with my friend what is achievable and not, and how we could get it there if it is, workout a rough ballpark figure, and how it would end up looking at the end, n then compare that to the Matech n decide what I would 'rather' and whats more achievable.

In the end, I do like the Go-kart feel, and the small size of the GT40 seems to fit that bill. So thanks for feedback.

Pat

Supporter
Then there are maintenance considerations with the streetable F1 car...

Attachments

• Ferrari F1 breakup.jpg
    Ferrari F1 breakup.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 244
Thats hilarious!

Oddly enough, i recently attended the Official Ferrari release of the F458 at "The Farm" in NSW. It was to showcase the current crop and including the 599 GTO on a private track. I met some some people there who owned some truly awesome wares and lived in an entirely different world to mine, but when it came to talking about their cars, they were all like kids, eager to watch, spanner or whatever, absolutely great bunch of guys!

So as funny as that was, i often think people get the misconception of "supercar"(hate the definition) owners.

Cheers
Paul

I also like the idea of getting something built fresh, rather than paying someone else for what they thought of/designed, as then I know the car.

But if you only want to know the generalizations about your car without spannering yourself, you won't learn as much or quickly about the how's and why's.

So therefore your actually only paying for your friends "though of/designed" creation.

All the best in your endeavours.

Cheers
Paul

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Carbon fibre Go-kart LOL!

The point is to have a STREET CAR like an aventador that is just killer on the track without it being a 1 milion dollar car.

Track experience = ... I went go karting twice. Does that count?boomsmile

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
G-man said:
I dont want to save up huge $$$ for the charger, throw it all in the charger, take it to a race track, give it to Schumacher to drive... then after he completes 10 laps he jumps in a ferrari and does 10 laps to only realise the time slip says the charger was 30 seconds behind if not more because it simply "can not do it" then i would be kicking myself cause I coulda got a viper
That's rich George lol. Can we see a picture of your charger?I think I'm starting to get the jist of your natural medicine practice. In Colorado we have legalized the same kind of "medicine".

Back