Mod Motors for Replicas?

Anyone know of any GT40s with an 03/04 Cobra motor in them? I was wondering if there was any out there and if there were any replica kits more friendly to mod motors than others.

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
Hello Chris,

I am currently building a DRB GT40 with a full blown 2003 Cobra 4.6. It fits but I did have to make some clearance for the alternator, blower and starter. The alternator on the blown Cobra is down on the left hand side. The alternator for the non blown motor is up in front of the intake manifold. Since I'm using the Ricardo transaxle the starter is on the tranny so clearance was needed. If I had used the G50 tranny then no clearance would have been need on the chassis. P.M. me if you have any other questions. I do have a build thread going also.

Pete

Thanks for the info guys! Thats great there are so many already out there. Pete, I will have to find your build thread. I'm sure I'll find lots of answers to my questions there.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Chris

I have a DRB with a 5.4 Boss 260Kw motor in mine.

Only a couple of minor clearance mods required.

Check my build thread.

Dimi

Just finished in time for Christmas - Supercharged 5.4 Mod, great fun, plenty of grunt.
Cheers PB

Attachments

• DSCN6168.jpg
    DSCN6168.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 285

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I really like them, they will not fit in an SPF. Wish they did. :(

Jack,

Actually they do, at least the 4.6 quadcam does. Hi Tech (SPF) did one for Oz. Special order as there are numerous differences to fit but it can be done. Dunno about a 5.4 tho'

Ron Earp

Admin
Jack,

Actually they do, at least the 4.6 quadcam does. Hi Tech (SPF) did one for Oz. Special order as there are numerous differences to fit but it can be done. Dunno about a 5.4 tho'

That is what I was thinking as well because there are, somewhere on this forum, pictures of it. About 2-3 years ago.

Very nice! Clean install.....looks like it belongs in there. What did you use for a gearbox and clutch setup in there?

Thanks Chris,

It's a tight space to fit everything in but it all fits and works well. We are still using O1E 6 speeds, no failures yet but some good validaion behind some tough engines - this one has over 600ft/lb of torque

Cheers PB

Attachments

• DSCN6170.jpg
    DSCN6170.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 258

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jack,

Rick, I sure would like to see pictures of a completed car. Ron is right a couple years ago there was pictures of a motor sitting in the tub of a SPF but they never posted pictures a completed car that was drivable. The problem I have been told is the headers come out at and angle that would require you to cut the tub to fit. I like my car and drive it as much as I can, I liked the idea of being able to drive a smooth running non radical cam car then when you want performance its there. Lot of guys like the rump rump cam, I don't.

PB that is one clean looking set up!

Back