New Transaxle Comparison / Discussion Thread

Hi Red 9

The ZFQ is shorter than the G50 and is only 65 kilos.

It also now comes with a streight cut dog option, left or right hand shift and additional final 3.5 ratio = 200mph +.

See the PDF

Regards

Chris.
PS a heavy long transaxle will take you to the scene of the accident.

Attachments

• E-62G1-01.pdf
    267.4 KB · Views: 769
Hi Chris, been looking at different boxes. Is the ZFQ shorter than the G50??? Looking at the G50 its has a length of 719mm. When I look at the ZFQ then add the oil pump and bellhousing it comes to 759.3mm. It is only 11.9mm shorter without the oil pump.

Hi Tim

Transmission length 635.3mm.
Bellhousing length 101.6mm.
Total 736.9mm excluding the bottom mounting lugs on the bellhousing.
Hope this info helps.

Regards Martin Gough.

Re: Transaxel Comparision

many thanks tudor. the facts are talking
Dom,
Gearfox 906H is from 86 to 92kg depending on final drive ratio choice. You might want to include it in the .xls. Great work btw. :) You started this thread asking if anyone has some kind of comparision. You ended doing one yourself.

DBLDREW asked to share experience that I had with various gearboxes in racing. This is irrelevant to sinchro boxes that we're talking here but it does tell about some of the manufacturers’ background.
I'm glad to share personal experience. But first I have to ask - if someone doesn't like my opinion, based on hands on experience. Does it mean that I will be treated same way as Wanni? Can’t say that it makes me scary but it doesn’t add enthusiasm as well.

Also I want to announce that Gearfox T906 is chosen for new player in the field of fastest road going supercars – Murena Automotive. I’m not revealing any tech. information and images because I’m not sure if I can do it in this forum and this thread in particular.
I choose T906 for simple reasons – it is proven in most exotic and extreme supercars. Pagani, Koenigsegg, Apollo to name a few. Also because it is simply a piece of engineering art. It’s design is “parametric” in some way. Wanni anticipated most of what different customers may require from his gearbox. So its design is flexible enough to adopt almost any street going application. I’m thankful to those who was attacking him. Those attacks made him share more tech. info and made me look closely at his product. One thing I don’t really like – the price :)

Thank You
Ted

Has there been any more updates for this? Seems like with all the 016's and other transaxles on the road we could fill this out more. Is this still of interest to anyone?

our paddle shifting mechanism.
works on the zonda cinque

Attachments

• Banco prova 003.jpg
    Banco prova 003.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 771
Here is the latest version.

Dom
What about GT3 (Getrag G96.96)? And what about Hewlands? The DG300 and FGC have a distance of 152mm (bellhousing to driveaxles) and the NLT 165mm respectively.

You fail to mention crown wheel diameters. For instance, some of the 'boxes with a very short depth you have listed have a small crown wheel thus not very strong. So, I believe diameters should be added to the table and as well as hypoid offset.

I don't see Albins 5 and 6 on their website anymore. Maybe it has been discontinued?

Resurrecting a really old but informative thread:eek:

I'm in the slow process of acquiring components to build a GT40 (Ordered a body from Bill Hough back in October) and looking forward the soon to be introduced C8 transaxle. I'm hearing Tremec DCT or possibly a version from the Porsche 918?

LS bell housing, LS friendly gearing/capacity, and hopefully relatively affordable(?) due to volume. Guess we'll know more mid-July.

Anyone else considering this transaxle?

My guess is that the transaxle is going to be pretty big, both by dimension and weight. Fitting it underneath a GT shell may be difficult.

Resurrecting a really old but informative thread:eek:

I'm in the slow process of acquiring components to build a GT40 (Ordered a body from Bill Hough back in October) and looking forward the soon to be introduced C8 transaxle. I'm hearing Tremec DCT or possibly a version from the Porsche 918?

LS bell housing, LS friendly gearing/capacity, and hopefully relatively affordable(?) due to volume. Guess we'll know more mid-July.

Anyone else considering this transaxle?

It definitely looks like a perfect fit for the SL-C. The absolute biggest problem with DCT (in general) is lack of aftermarket support for transmission control units. I have not found a single standalone transmission control unit for any Dual Clutch transmissions. Most standalone ECUs for dual clutch trans cars use the factory units, because of programming complexity.

HGT will have a new 5 and 6 speed ready for release any day now i believe, I will get all relevant details etc from Richard when it goes public, what i can tell you is they are the quietest straight cut sequential box on the market, torque rating around the 900ft lbs, and in a stock front engine rear drive config they have been virtually indestructible, the box of choice for big HP drifters.
cheers John

Back