NEWS: Tom Cruise to play Carroll Shelby in Go Like Hell...?

Tom Cruise?????.....no way.
I stopped watching his movies when thay all became about HIM. Egotistical! What a jerk!

James Garner??........Maybe if he was 30 or so years younger. He'd make a perfect Carrol Shelby for back in the day scenes. Plus he's a driver.

How 'bout Tommy Lee Jones for Carrol in his later years? Has the look and Texas drawl.

Ron Earp

Admin
If you want to portray Shelby as 70 that will be great. But if you want portray Shelby in his 40s, his age during the 1960s, that won't be so good.

Force feed some cheese burgers and put some bib overalls on Christian Bale and you'd have Shelby. Please anybody but Tom Cruise! Although Cruise could easily get in and out of a 40.

while Tom Cruise is not my favorite actor, I don't imagine there are tons of people lining up to finance and make this movie. Without a big name star with serious financial backing, this is a special interest project that would not be likely to get off the ground.

I'm happy that I'll have an opportunity to watch it.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Other actors that have been linked to the film in the past are Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt and Eric Bana.

The thing that links them all is that they are all car nuts.

Thanks

Andy

T C couldn't play the fool in my book, how the hell he ever became what he is has me buggered,and after watching that stupid days of thunder I came to the conclusion he couldn't drive a 4 inch nail into a lb of butter.

cheers John
Ps i'm not a fan

Told the wife about the movie and Cruise.
After she stopped laughing she agreed Cruise is all wrong. Josh Brolin would be better choice and has the look and drawl.

Brad Pitt to join Tom Cruise in Go Like Hell...?

According to The Hollywood Reporter, now Brad Pitt is considering joining the cast of "Go Like Hell." *No word on who he'll play. *Dan Gurney, maybe...?

Read here: Brad Pitt Courted for Tom Cruise's 'Go Like Hell'

170770439_horizontal_a_l.jpg

List of awards and nominations received by Tom Cruise from Wikipedia throughout his acting career.[1]

AFI Film Awards: 1 nomination, 1 win
AFI Film Award won, (2003), AFI Movie of the Year (The Last Samurai)

Academy Award: 3 nominations
Academy Award nomination, (1990), Best Actor in a Leading Role (Born on the Fourth of July)
Academy Award nomination, (1997), Best Actor in a Leading Role (Jerry Maguire)
Academy Award nomination, (2000), Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Magnolia)

Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA: 9 nominations, 1 win
Saturn Award nomination, (2012), Best Actor (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol)
Saturn Award nomination, (2008), Best Actor (Valkyrie)
Saturn Award nomination, (2007), Best Actor (Mission: Impossible III)
Saturn Award nomination, (2006), Best Actor (War of the Worlds)
Saturn Award nomination, (2005), Best Actor (Collateral)
Saturn Award nomination, (2004), Best Actor (The Last Samurai)
Saturn Award nomination, (2003), Best Actor (Minority Report)
Saturn Award won, (2002), Best Actor (Vanilla Sky)
Saturn Award nomination, (1995), Best Actor (Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles)

British Academy of Film and Television Arts: 1 nomination
BAFTA Film Award nomination, (1991), Best Actor (Born on the Fourth of July)

Britannia Awards: 1 win, 1 nomination
Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award won, (2005), Excellence in Film

David di Donatello Awards: 1 win, 2 nomination
David nomination, (1990), Best Foreign Actor (Migliore Attore Straniero) (Born on the Fourth of July)
Special David won, (2005)

Empire Awards: 1 win, 2 nomination
Empire Award won, (2003), Best Actor (Minority Report)
Empire Award nomination, (2005), Best Actor (Collateral)

Golden Globe: 7 nominations, 3 win
Golden Globe nomination, (1984), Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical (Risky Business)
Golden Globe won, (1990), Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama (Born on the Fourth of July)
Golden Globe nomination, (1993), Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama (A Few Good Men)
Golden Globe won, (1997), Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical (Jerry Maguire)
Golden Globe won, (2000), Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture (Magnolia)
Golden Globe nomination, (2004), Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama (The Last Samurai)
Golden Globe nomination, (2009), Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture (Tropic Thunder)

Hasty Pudding Theatricals Awards: 1 win, 1 nomination
Hasty Pudding Theatricals Awards won, (1994), Man of the Year

Kids Choice Awards: 1 win, 4 nomination
The Orange Blimp Award nomination, (1997), Favorite Movie Actor (Mission: Impossible)
The Orange Blimp Award nomination, (2001), Favorite Movie Actor (Mission: Impossible II)
The Wannabe Award won, (2001)
The Orange Blimp Award nomination, (2012), Favorite Butt Kicker (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol)

MTV Movie Awards: 3 win, 15 nomination
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1993), Best On-Screen Duo (Far and Away)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1993), Most Desirable Male (A Few Good Men)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1993), Best Male Performance (A Few Good Men)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1994), Most Desirable Male (The Firm)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1994), Best Male Performance (The Firm)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1995), Best Villain (Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1995), Best On-Screen Duo (Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (1995), Most Desirable Male (Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles)
MTV Movie Award won, (1997), Best Male Performance (Jerry Maguire)
MTV Movie Award won, (2001), Best Male Performance (Mission: Impossible II)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (2004), Best Male Performance (The Last Samurai)
Generation Award won, (2005)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (2005), Best Villain (Collateral)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (2012), Best Fight (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol)
MTV Movie Award nomination, (2012), Best Gut-Wrenching Performance (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol)

MTV Movie Awards Mexico: 1 win, 1 nomination
MTV Movie Award won, (2004), Funniest American in Japan (Gringo/a más Gracioso en Japón) (The Last Samurai)

People's Choice Awards: 2 win, 4 nomination
People's Choice Award nomination, (1987), Favorite Motion Picture Actor
People's Choice Award won, (1990), Favorite Motion Picture Actor
People's Choice Award won, (1994), Favorite Dramatic Motion Picture Actor
People's Choice Award nomination, (2005), Favorite Male Movie Star

Razzie Awards: 2 win, 5 nomination
Razzie Award nomination, (1989), Worst Actor (Cocktail)
Razzie Award won, (1995), Worst Screen Couple (Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles)
Razzie Award nomination, (2006), Most Tiresome Tabloid Targets (Himself)
Razzie Award nomination, (2006), Worst Actor (War of the Worlds)
Razzie Award won, (2006), Most Tiresome Tabloid Targets (Katie Holmes)

Rembrandt Awards: 1 nomination
Rembrandt Award nominated, (2012), Best International Actor (Beste Buitenlandse Acteur) (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol)

Satellite Awards: 1 win, 3 nomination
Golden Satellite Award won, (1997), Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical (Jerry Maguire)
Golden Satellite Award nomination, (2000), Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, Drama (Magnolia)
Golden Satellite Award nomination, (2004), Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama (The Last Samurai)

Screen Actors Guild Awards: 3 nominations
SAG Award nomination, (1997), Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role (Jerry Maguire)
SAG Award nomination, (2000), Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role (Magnolia)
SAG Award nomination, (2000), Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Theatrical Motion Picture (Magnolia)

Teen Choice Awards: 5 nominations
Teen Choice Award nomination, (2000), Film - Wipeout Scene of the Summer (Mission: Impossible II)
Teen Choice Award nomination, (2000), Film - Choice Actor (Mission: Impossible II)
Teen Choice Award nomination, (2005), Choice Movie Bad Guy (Collateral)
Teen Choice Award nomination, (2005), Choice Movie Actor: Drama (Collateral)
Teen Choice Award nomination, (2006), Movies - Choice Actor: Drama/Action Adventure (Mission: Impossible III)

Walk of Fame: 1 win

Chris

All that dose is show how gullible some people are, my son worked on "the last samurai" and reckons he's the most arrogant SOB he's ever worked with , funnily enough he worked with Leo on "Blood diamond" and reckoned he's a pleasure to work with.

john

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Some of you may or may not know that Cruise raced SCCA amateur racing for a while around the time of Color of Money. He apparently caught the bug from his co-star Paul Newman -- an actor many think could have been one of the best sports car racers ever if he had started earlier -- and went to his SCCA licensing school at the same track I got my license, and that Ron and I race on every year: Roebling Road in Savannah, GA.

HEre's some footage of Cruise, his Showroom Stock A red Nissan 300zx, and his girlfriend at the time Mimi Rogers, at Roebling in 1987:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbuyLjuzqs]Tom Cruise at SCCA Racing Event 1987 - YouTube[/ame]

The story is he flew Newman in personally to instruct him that weekend. He got his SCCA license and headed back up north to run SCCA regional events in SCCA at Pocono, New Hampshire Speedway and Lime Rock.

He quickly earned the nickname of See Cruise Crash Again ("SCCA" - get it?) for his inability to control his aggression on track. Newman and Bob Sharp apparently worked with him to no avail. He last a few years and then dropped out.

He seems like one of those quys who has a qualified love of cars and racing. He likes to go fast. He doesn't like any of the work or effort it takes to go fast WELL.

Carrol Shelby? Sorry, don't see it.

Back