One Lap Results

Buzz finished the One Lap in 11th overall. I am sure he must have had a blast getting to drive on so many different tracks.

Hopefully when he gets back he can update us as to how it was, etc. Most of the road course runs he finished in 7th to 9th. I am particularly interested in why his car had a relative hard time with the skid pad and drag strip test. Good finishes on these three events would have put him up in ~8th overall. He did not have near as much time as he wanted to set the car up, etc. I would guess the skid pad was due to F/R balance or oil pickup issues.

Ron Earp

Admin
Fantasitc!!! That isn't bad for a first time trial and with a car that hasn't been setup completely. Good job! I'll be very interested in hearing more - I'm just happy someone finally took a GT40 to one of these events, it is good for all of us!

Thats a great finish . I tried to switch a day off of work so I could have been at Hallett for the event there, but boss said no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Congrats guys ! regards, Dan Weilacher

In my brief talk with Buzz before he left he told me he had 700 road miles on the car, and did get one day of track time at Watkins Glen. He noticed that on a long right hand turn he was loosing oil pressure. He was going to add a accusump the last two days before he left. I am not sure he got it added, nor am I sure it would have enough capacity for a skid pad.

They did great for a first time. It is all about setup/preperation and driver capability/seat time. A pickup ran 7th overall for example.

Awesome finish. Frankly, I think it's amazing that buzz was able to place so high in a car that was still being put together (for the first time) only a few weeks ago.

To correct my previous post. If he would have finshed ~8th in the other three events he would have been in 6th or 7th overall.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I think it's terrific and especially for a car that was just finished in time to run all these events. It makes all of us look good. Can't wait to hear the details from Buzz.

Malcolm

Supporter
I think I am missing the start of this one! Was there another thread saying what the events were about? If not can someone explain? Many thanks in advance.

For those missing the other thread:
www.onelapofamerica.com
This event was started some years ago by Brock Yates to replace the illegal Cannonball events of the 1970's. It has lots of road driving between tracks at "normal/legal" speeds and 17 on track events over a 8 day period. The tracks change each year, etc.

Back