Ordering Process for the new Ford GT

Gents- thought this was interesting... Kurt

Ordering Process for the new Ford GT
INFORMATION
2016 Ford GT Program Update
SUMMARY
The purpose of this communication is to provide dealers with new information on the Ford GT program and establish timing expectations for the ordering process.

Ford GT Program Update
Raj Nair, Ford’s Global Director of Product Development will be making the following announcement to a gathering of Ford GT owners on Thursday, August 27, 2015:

Ford will introduce a unique ordering process for the all-new Ford GT supercar, with the program commencing in early 2016.
Ford GTs will be assigned based on a customer application process, offering a personalized experience for every Ford GTbuyer.
Anyone can apply; priority will be given to loyal Ford customers including current Ford GT owners.
Applicants selected through the process will be assigned a car by Ford and complete their purchase through a Ford GT certified dealership of their choice.

Additional Information for Dealers

The Ford GT customer application process will begin in early 2016. Details on the application process will be provided closer to the application process start date.
Ford dealers will be able to opt-in and certify to sell the Ford GT. Details on the sales certification requirements will be communicated later this year.
A separate process will be established for Ford Dealership owners who wish to register and own a new Ford GT.
Limited production, high cost materials/parts and unique technologies will require unique factory-sponsored processes and resources to support customers and dealers. A separate service opt-in and certification process will be communicated in Q2/Q3 2016.
We recommend that dealers refrain from taking customer deposits.
As we continue to develop and refine the unique customer selection, allocation, and distribution processes for this extremely low-volume supercar, we will keep dealers fully informed.

Key Ford GT Product/Program Information (previously announced)

The Ford GT is an exciting demonstration of Ford’s capabilities and our culture of innovation & passion.
Ford Performance will begin racing the new Ford GT in 2016 in both the Tudor/IMSA and WEC road car racing series including a return to LeMans 50 years after the GT40 program’s historic 1-2-3 finish in 1966.
Production of the Ford GT road car will begin in late 2016 at dedicated facility in Markham, Ontario; global volume will be 250 vehicles per year.
The all-new Ford GT will be priced to compete with exotic sports cars including Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren.
Key vehicle specs:
Lightweight construction - 100% carbon fiber body panels and passenger cell
Aerodynamic design and active features including speed-activated deployable rear wing
3.5L V6 Ecoboost engine producing over 600hp​

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
We recommend that dealers refrain from taking customer deposits.

Production of the Ford GT road car will begin in late 2016 at dedicated facility in Markham, Ontario; global volume will be 250 vehicles per year.

I saw this today on the Ford communications site. These two lines sum the order process up for the buyer. There are dealers currently taking "deposits" when they have no idea if they will be allocated a car and it appears from the process that the allocation will be done to the buyer, NOT the dealer! I believe Ford is attempting to get the cars into the right hands, i.e. those who want the car, not those who will hauling it to Barrett-Jackson to flip.

The 250 PY build rate will keep it very exclusive unfortunately and will of course make the secondary resale market "hot". If you recall Ferrari did not sell the F50 but rather leased it for two years with a buy out so as to prevent fast flips.

This is interesting as many dealers missed the boat on the 2005/2006 model and probably were ready to keep some of these anticipating the value will sky rocket up. I think allocating to customers is a good alternative of course we need to see how they do that. Words like loyal Ford customers and owners of prior GT40s and Ford GTs will be prioritized. How about the guy that has a F250, F150 and a couple Mustangs in the garage........

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Rules out owners of original cars, or replicas thereof, that's clear.

Whatever. Mine is better looking. Mind you, I hope they win at Le Mans, it would be nice.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Didn't ford have a nasty legal battle with Safir? You might be on the "Do not sell to" list.

I think they ventured too far away from the original body lines of the GT40. If looks like every other computer generated supercar out there. With all the hoopla being made about it, they better win Le Mans. Imagine if Ferrari beats them. Wouldnt that be an interesting turn of events. Small mfg beats mammoth Ford at the most prestigious endurance race in the world. Might start a whole new legend...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Didn't ford have a nasty legal battle with Safir? You might be on the "Do not sell to" list.

I think they ventured too far away from the original body lines of the GT40. If looks like every other computer generated supercar out there. With all the hoopla being made about it, they better win Le Mans. Imagine if Ferrari beats them. Wouldnt that be an interesting turn of events. Small mfg beats mammoth Ford at the most prestigious endurance race in the world. Might start a whole new legend...

No, they was no "legal battle" with Safir. Safir reminded Ford that they did not own the IP or trademark and offered to license it. Ford chose to go back to the name "Ford GT" and skip licensing (while planting a false flag story about how much Safir asked in license fees).

I have no problem with the new car not having the GT40 appearance DNA. You can't keep going to the same well for different water. I think if they had named it the "Ford X1SSRTLMRS" people would have no issue with the looks vs. the GT40/GT.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Not many cars stir my emotions like the '66 Mk1, and from picture, this included the new GT until I unexpectedly stumbled into a garage display at the Monterey Historics. WOW, my heart melted just as it did when I saw my first GT40! I have to say, in person, that car grabs your senses and creates a mindset that places your butt in the drivers seat of that car!

The phrase "where there's a will, there's a way" and "by hook or crook" quickly come to mind!

Reserve your thoughts until you see one with your own eyes.

The fact is they are trying to emulate the Ferrari flagship model= by invitation only.
But Mike is right.. we may be witnessing Mark II of the continuation of the Legend...
Kurt

3 mk 1's all in a row.
All exceptional vehicles by Ford.

Attachments

• All-NewFordGT_26_HR-1-1024x682.jpg
    All-NewFordGT_26_HR-1-1024x682.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 336

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
They really are over estimating the appeal of this car. Sure, there are a handful of die hards that will mortgage the farm to get one but once it moves beyond the mythical hype of concept land to the real world with its ricer fart can sounding V6, it's not going to stack up that well against the myriad of other supercars available. They better hope it fairs very well at Le Mans.

Keith

Dear Lord! What a bunch of pessimists! I think it's a fabulous project, but nah, you want cross ply tyres and dinosaur V8's. It's like nothing new has been invented in 100 years!

Perhaps they'll do a Flintstone model for y'all...you know, with holes in the floor and all... :)

I hear the Army is getting new Shermans too, so you have something to look forward to...:thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Back