Party Party Party

Ian, Wish you could have made it. Howy is a great host (as always) and the sight of all those 40s made it look like The San "Ramans". And the beer,,,,,ahhhh what can I say

One of these days we should all line up and go for a drive to Monterey (Kogan the Barbarian's house). Cave Man would be in the lead (as it should be), and Bling bringing the rear (as the infidels should).

Enjoyed seeing everyone and thanks for the excellent burger and adult beverages Howy.I particularly liked the deviled eggs your missus made,outstanding .Please thank her for her efforts . Great company,everyone chatting about 40’s and video on 40’s playing in the background ,cars parked outside cooling off ready to go again . We are all the same ,as soon as one person went outside to look at the cars everyone just got up and went .None of us could wait to see the cars again .It was such an awesome sight to see 9 cars parked together .
When we left I took the opposite direction because I knew the swat team would be waiting for the bling meister Fahrad ,that car sounds absolutely awesome now sporting the Webers and indeed I had a clear run up the freeway.God I love that freeway onramp ! I had my usual fiasco at the toll booth on the Martinez bridge. The toll taker ( not quite sure of the nationality) kept looking at the empty “drivers seat” while I hoisted my fat arse out and walked around the car and shoved the money in his bewildered palm. I gave my customary bow to the waiting line behind me and received thumbs up and waves . I then gingerly took off trying to keep the revs down as the CHP officer parked to my right eyed me watchfully .I was sweating a little and thinking how I would address the illegal Dunlops , straight thru pipes and numbers still attached from Sears Point when ,thru the corner of my eye ,I saw the CHP officer give me a smile and thumbs up also . These cars are truly loved and admired ,its amazing If I had been driving a Vette with the same setup I know would have been “interviewed “ by the CHP officer for sure.
When I got home I showed my wife the Bud Jones annual trophy that you guys graciously voted me for .I was very excited to open the display box. My wifes expression changed to one of disgust. “ Don’t even think of bringing those spurs into the bedroom ,they stay in the garage ! I thought you said you were going to meet guys interested in cars ? Hmmm.
Monterrey run sounds like an excellent idea ,track day at Laguna maybe included ?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Super photos guys, looks like you all had a great time. Hope to be a part of the first world-wide burger and 40 day next year....rockonsmile

An interesting detail I noticed in the long rear view photo was the treatment of everyone's tail lights. Which configuration is the correct one, indicators on top or on the bottom?

Bill.

Faili F said:
Ian, Wish you could have made it. Howy is a great host (as always) and the sight of all those 40s made it look like The San "Ramans". And the beer,,,,,ahhhh what can I say

One of these days we should all line up and go for a drive to Monterey (Kogan the Barbarian's house). Cave Man would be in the lead (as it should be), and Bling bringing the rear (as the infidels should).

Maybe next time bro.

And Howie - Paso Robles, San Simeon, Santa Maria or Morro Bay would be nice - especially
cruising down/up 101 and/or 1 :)

Ian

Bill, the rear light cluster is suppose to have the turn signal on top and the brake/rear light on the bottom. However in the interest of safety, I have always mounted them the other way around to get the brake light higher. I now have a third light mounted in the top lip behind the upper edge of the outside rear window. The best part of that particular picture is the warning sign for the pedestrians!

Last edited:
Howard;

It's a great THANKS to you for arranging such a super Party, the food was great, comraderie was great and the GT40 movies.

John

Back