Pete B's Build Thread

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Installed the DBW sender to the pedal box tonight. The size of the rod and ends I used are a bit overkill, but I had them in my parts bin, so I used them. I cut the vertical bracket out of the stock GM mounting bracket that came with the DBW throttle pedal.

The throttle doesn't have much pedal travel. I'm going to have to go out and look at the throttle pedal on my Pontiac G8 and see if it's the same.

the angle of the rod end determines how much gas pedal travel you have. It can be a lot, or a little bit, depending on how set it.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Interior is pretty much done. I've got an e-brake boot on order, still need to order seat belts, and need to get the seats upholstered.

Hey, it only took me ten years to finish the Cobra ;). It is going a bit faster.

I believe continued forward momentum is very important to building these, or any other component type car.

I like your interior layout and execution - everything you need and nothing you don't.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Don't forget to replace the "gold blade" throttle body with the earlier style LS3 "silver blade" throttle body if you are using a GM performance wiring harness.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Don't forget to replace the "gold blade" throttle body with the earlier style LS3 "silver blade" throttle body if you are using a GM performance wiring harness.

Why? Both the engine and wiring harness are from GM performance.

Back