professional photos

For those of you who love their cars (all of us) and are in the UK there is a new website by photographer Mike Alsford who is trying to promote a venture for car owners to have a photoshoot of their pride and joy with or without them included in shot Mike has taken a set of my car link here WHEELPHOTOCALL and I have posted a sample photo from the set. If you are interested let me know and I will pass on Mikes contact details. Enjoy...

Attachments

• MD3_0063.jpg
    MD3_0063.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 582
Very "James Bond" like Chris. Dashing with a hint if intrique. Bloody nice looking car mate....pity about the dumpy house though!! :)

Sadly, while interested, I live a bit too far away. I like what Mr. Alsford's doing though.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nice house Mr Bond... :)

Oh and the GT doesn't look bad either... :thumbsup:

Where's the box of Milk Tray Chris?

Not that you asked, but this is my favourite from your set.......

Attachments

• MD3_0037[1].jpg
    MD3_0037[1].jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 457
Mark, I think mine too, fortunately I don't have to clean those windows, the house is the old Singer family home, now owned by torbay council and used for weddings. As I see you have a GT40 arch rival I must point out that Isadora Duncan of the Singer Dynasty was killed in a F car so one of those with this house would not be in good taste!

Chris

Nice collection of photos. The car looks great, it's amazing how photographers find depth in photos I never can get when I take them.

Regards

Steve

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Mark, I think mine too, fortunately I don't have to clean those windows, the house is the old Singer family home, now owned by torbay council and used for weddings. As I see you have a GT40 arch rival I must point out that Isadora Duncan of the Singer Dynasty was killed in a F car so one of those with this house would not be in good taste!

I beleive Isadora was killed in a Bugatti rather than a Fazzaz.

I should have done my homework first, instead of going on what someone else said. Isadora actually died in an Amilcar, although she did nickname it "Buggatti" after her scarf got caught in the rear spokes and broke her neck - a cautionary tale for all open top drivers.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
didn't know it was an Amilcar. Interesting. Nice house, but I'd rather do the upkeep on the car, of course you can't rent the car out for weddings, now can you.

Not true, mine has been requested for a wedding previously and although we did not use it in the end I have used it to take a friends daughter to her prom night. While all the others were arriving in tacky stretched limos all eyes turned as we rolled up, V8 rumbling away. She had a bit of a job getting out in her full skirt but I think it acheived it's purpose, all the boys were jealous.

GJ, that is also one of my favourites as it shows the colour of the car well. The remote lighting effect changes the colour from Black to Blue (as does bright sunlight) and makes me glad that I chose that particular paint.

Steve, thanks, the photographer did take over an hour and a half to get these shots (although he took many more) and he did have a helper to hold the remote flash, I think this remote light at different angles is what gives the results such depth. The deal was that he would do my shots for free if he could use them to promote his new business via a web site.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Here is a picture of my car at Road America that I am fond of. Could not have been aligned with the camera any better. I like the diffusion of the picture behind the car from the exhaust heat. That is my best friend and our own Jack Houpe in the red Mark I that is being diffused.

Attachments

• IMG_4693.jpg
    IMG_4693.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 347

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Here is a picture of me after Mike and the others left me in the dust. The photographer that took these pictures is the best I have ever seen, well worth the money.

Attachments

• jacksmall.jpg
    jacksmall.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 289
Take a look at NSXER (Brian) and some of his shots. A good camera can't beat composition and usage of light. Myself I still like B&W and light. For composition, study some of the BBC Top Gear camera/lens/filters work. I was looking through 700 or so shots yesterday I took at the Canadian F1 race for a calendar and it is true, shoot lots of pictures and you get some nice ones.

Nice photos. If I get my car finished in time I am going to get my wedding photographer to take an hour out of the day to get some good shots of the car :)

Here's my favourite GT40 photo that I took at Donington. I like to see shots of GT40's being driven how they were designed.

gt40-800.jpg

Trev

Back