RCR #010 Build Progress

SWEET!!!......Congrats Bill, I look forward to the day my SLC makes it to the same milestone.
Looks a little different from when I visited you......way different

Rob

Attachments

• roller%20003.jpg
    roller%20003.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 350

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

That's a great achievement. You must feel so proud. Sounds great and looks like one magnificent car!

All the best

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
......actually Bill, it sounds terrible. I'm sure that euphoric feeling you have when you hear and smell the beast fired will surely pass, especially after I remind you all the blood sweat and tears you went through to get it to this glorious point.

I certainly can relieve you of this fleeting moment of happiness and purchase this albatross from you for a ridiculous amount that would easily purchase a comfortable Honda coupe.......

All kidding aside, I am thrilled for you. It only gets better. Congratulations.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Sounds great Bill. Nothing like that adrenaline rush from the first start up...eh..:D

Way to go Bill, and Anthony. Can't wait for the video(s) of you both grinning while riding down the road. Been watching your build since day one and I'm proud of you both. Awesome looking, awesome sounding, now let's get a smokey burnout :thumbsup:

Bill,
Congratulations to both you and your son. I hope to be doing the very same thing in a few years with my son. You have come a very long way from when I visited you. I hope to see the car finished product at an event sometime and buy you a cold one. Enjoy the first drive.

Don

Atta boy Bill, keep on rockin' and rollin'! :stunned: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Inspiring all the way! Yeah, baby sweet!

Congrats!
Howard

Thanks. We were able to tune the webers and set the timing yesterday. In the video, the engine is only running on 4 cylinders. That's why the black smoke and slow reving. I'm not sure how it even ran with the timing so retarded.

We set the timing at 10 deg BTDC and leaned the idle mix 1 turn. It really snaps now and doesn't blow any smoke.

Progress made inch by inch

Yesterday we were able to get gears 2 - 3 - 5. First, reverse and 4th just wouldn't work. Took everything apart and positioned the shifter in neutral and the transaxle in neutral. Attached the gear selector cable.

Still no first, reverse or 4th. Put the transaxle into 1st and adjusted the side-to-side cable. That allowed me to get 4th. The standoff that attaches the side-to-side cable is too short, causing the cable nut to hit the transaxle, preventing the cable shifter from going into 1st gear. Removed the standoff and added a spacer. Now I get every gear but reverse. Brandwood should have made the cable shifter attachment taller.

I think the reverse detent spring is out of synch which means I'll have to trailer the car to RBT and have him fix the %$@#$ thing. The bad thing is, when you remove the detent spring cover, it will drain the oil out of the gearbox.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Bill,

It's been quite a while since I had the shifter on the car but I do remember adding an extra nut, almost like a locknut, on the shaft of the cross-pulling cable to get clearance around the case. I got the idea from Rob.

I just checked quickly through my build thread and couldn't find a pic. Maybe he has one posted? Once I added it in there, the clearance was fine.

Can't wait to see you mobile!

Back