RCR #010 Build Progress

Well, after a very long pause, everything is back together. Everything works. Tomorrow the seats go in. Saturday...FIRST DRIVE!!!! Also got my temp operating permit today so I can drive it without getting busted and go to the CHP next week for my VIN assignment.

Ride height has been set at 4" in the front and 4.25" in the rear. We measured the height of the car at 39.75". Cool!!

backtogether.jpg

Bill,
I know how it feels to have to lay off for a long period of time. Mine has been twice as long as yours. I hope to have some progress to report soon. Glad you are finishing it up. Slow progress is frustrating, but rewarding when you stop and look back. It has to renew your anticipation when making progress, no matter how long it takes. Congratulations.

Bill

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Great to have you back Bill! I look forward to hearing about your road testing.
Keith

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

Congratulations! I'm sure you have no idea just how many of us have followed and enjoyed your build progress as much as we have. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you were just "on break" and are OK. Good luck with the test drive and VIN assignment. We're all looking forward to seeing some on-road pics afterwards.

Cheers,
Mark

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Back my friend.... She looks like a real stunner to be sure...

Make sure we get video of that first drive!!! :)

That puppy is HOT!!
Sure has come along way since I visited you a few years back. Congrats on sticking it out through adversity and getting it done. There are many here that followed your build through thick and thin, we look forward to getting to the same place someday.

Congrats Bill and thanks for the time.

I'll add to the chorus - big kudos Bill.

To quote Fee Waybill, "She's a beauty"!

Thanks for toughing it out - the trip along the way just adds to glory of the
destination. Savor tomorrow :)

Ian

We measured the height of the car at 39.75". Cool!!

Hell Bill, we cant have that, just think of all the time you will waste explaining why its only 39.75" high- best you raise it up 1/4". :)

Congrats on the build, take care on the test drive!

Bill

Anyone who has built or is building a GT39.75! replica knows how difficult a process it is. You build has inspired many including myself. Your finished car looks fantastic and is a credit to your ingenuity and patience. I am sure you will enjoy every minute of any drive and it will give a great deal of pleasure to many an onlooker.

Martin.

Back