RCR #010 Build Progress

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

I know it's been a long and sometimes painful slog, but seriously, when you stand and look at your beautiful car, are you not (as I am) in awe of what you have built? Yours is one of the most beautiful GT40s I've seen (in photos anyway) and you should be really, really proud of yourself. Well done!

Mark

Allen

those mirrors are "vitaloni californian". check out # p1083 it has them also.
1.jpg

mounted on a "boomerang"
37.jpg

I ordered mine last week.
Reinhard (building an MDA) checked all the mirrors options on the cars which where at the Le Mans classisc, and his opinion is that the one with the cleanest and original look and best rear view is the vitaloni.
Tom

Last edited:
Well, the sweet taste of success was short lived today. The right rear wheel start making terrible sounds. Horrific sounds!! And I could see the rear wheel wobbling. I had to drive 25 miles like this. We barely made it.

It's on jack stands and the right rear tire is about to fall off. I'll disassemble everything to see what the cause is. It can't be the pins as I made sure they were torqued to spec and with Blue Locktite

EGLITOM, Thanks for the pic's those look great! I actually ordered them for my car, but never had seen them up close.

Bill - Sorry to hear your fun was cut short, I hope it will be an easy fix and you'll be up and running again real soon in that stunning machine.

Bill,

Your Webers may just be sticky from sitting. I have a 911RS with Webers that sits a lot. It has the same spitting and popping that your car is experiencing. But after about 20 minutes on the road, it clears itself out and runs fine. Before you do anything to the Webers, put some miles on them and see if it resolves the popping issue.

Well, the sweet taste of success was short lived today. The right rear wheel start making terrible sounds. Horrific sounds!! And I could see the rear wheel wobbling. I had to drive 25 miles like this. We barely made it.

It's on jack stands and the right rear tire is about to fall off. I'll disassemble everything to see what the cause is. It can't be the pins as I made sure they were torqued to spec and with Blue Locktite

Bill, looking at the latest pics you posted, it looks like the driver's side (RHS) rear wheel
is not centered in the wheelwell. Is it the same on the other side? Or is it possible that
something is misaligned or bent from the last time you had wheel issues ...

Just curious, and not sure if you can see it ... or maybe it's just me.

Ian

Last edited:
I was checking out the FFcobra forum/site on behalf of a friend who has bought one of their 33 Coupes & noticed amongst several interesting things that Bill has apparently sold his car.

Seems strange that after years of posts on this site that he has not let us know that the toy has been sold.

If you want to know what is really happening on GT40's it seems this is no longer the place to be!:):)

Last edited:
Maybe the new owner would like to introduce himself? (My guess is that he will need no introduction!:lipsrsealed:)

Thats all I am going to say:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Just caught this thread. I think it can be best summed up by No Comment.

Would be great to see how the car works out for the new owner!

Sandy

Back