RCR 40 Suspension components

Dave Collins

Supporter
HI,

Does anyone have the specs and part numbers for the following RCR40 suspension components:

Front Upper control arm ball joint (mine have 4098 on ball joint case)
Rear lower control arm inner rod end (heim joint)

I had a search around the site but was unable to find any definitive specs. I would like to source replacements before I remove existing parts from the car.

Parts required circled on attached image.
(Fran hope you don't mind me borrowing your images)

Thanks very much for any information.

Regards

Dave

Attachments

Dave Collins

Supporter
I have done a bit of measuring of what I could get to and assume that the rear ball joints are:

Bore dia 5/8" Thread size 5/8 UNF
Readily available joint in this size have a thread length of 1.562" and an overall length of 2.625" from ball centre to end. This is the one dimension unable to confirm without removing joints.

Thus I guess Aurora AM10T and AB10T or equivalents would be the right joints.

Dave

Dave Collins

Supporter
Bit more research based on a comment that they are from a Chevy truck has led me to

Moog ES800883/ES800882 parts that fit a Chevy C6500. These look right but will wait for confirmation before ordering.

1-1/8 - 12 UNF-2A 5.44" Length

Dave

Dave Collins

Supporter
Bit more research based on a comment that they are from a Chevy truck has led me to

Moog ES800883/ES800882 parts that fit a Chevy C6500. These look right but will wait for confirmation before ordering.

1-1/8 - 12 UNF-2A 5.44" Length

Dave
Scrap that. Much too large. Reviewing Chevy parts lists again comes up with ES800743/ES800744 (Chevy W3500) however appears to be only joint that there are no quoted dimensions for! Probably safer to wait and see what RCR says.

Last edited:

Randy V

Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave if I recall I think the uppers are actually tie rod ends for the chevy truck
If my memory serves me correctly - I had crossed them at one time to be tie rods for a GMC Schoolbus... I have lost track of the year and model..