RCR and Billy Mead Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Re: Re Missing thread.....

Seemed like a private issue to me, cheers to Paul and Ron for handling it well!

Doug

Re: RCR and Billy

"I agree with Billy,
I had a simular experience as Billy, with Fran not returning phone calls,
when he did return phone calls they where crap, straight out lies and a deliberate attempt to delay the return of my deposit, a delay of 6 months.
Fran's product is great and know's how to come up with great ideas to build cars,
but he has no idea how to manage a business or his time on the issues,
he is too bussy doing PR on this web site.
Again the RCR cars are second to none.
Neil"

What is it that you want? Should we all get on planes to go teach Fran a "lesson" for not running his business as you would?

You got your money back, (though it is true that during that time it could have been invested in the market). You admit the cars are great, yet you call Fran a liar.

Perhaps you would feel better if you had ordered a Superformance car and then waited 2 years for a transaxle. Or if you ordered a Factory Five GTM because it has roll up windows. Or maybe if you had gotten in on Roaring Forties just a bit sooner.

Sorry, but sometime people don't see that this is a HOBBY. Anyone who is healthy and lives in a place where life affords them such luxuries needs to look around the world and put things into perspective.

In all the negative threads associated with RCR, the only thing that has ever proven to be a genuine complaint is a DELAY. NOT ONE person has gone without delivery of a satisfactory product or refund of money. And that includes YOU.

In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along? "

Seriuosly, This doesn't concern Andy. Andy, you've made your point. If you are not considering an RCR, own an RCR, have an RCR on order or are in business with RCR then what are you doing on this thread? Some of you that have posted have no vested interest in RCR or Bill Meade yet the pot stirs.

When my kids came home from school upset because of some silly name they had been called a recess I have tried to teach them that some kids just tear others down so they can feel better. Fortunately they out grew that crap by 5th grade.

Hi Gary S,
I think issues should be resolved in private,
but like my issue with RCR, you get to the end of your thether and Fran just keeps spinning stories and not returning phone calls and the only way is to shame him into responding, to fixing the issue or returning your calls and post it for all to see on this web site.

I actually thought I had lost my deposit with RCR, after 6 months of being mucked around.
I was about to do simular to Billy and post my issues with RCR on the web, but RCR thought better and refunded most of my deposit.

So the post of Billy is just in desperation of getting a resolution.

I wish Billy and Fran luck in resolving this issue and all other should take care who they are giving their hard earned money to.

Neil

While these posts make at times uncomfortable reading, there is a broader spirit throughout this forum that it operates to "big boys rules" - ie you've got to take the rough with the smooth.

This works both ways. There have been numerous topics drawing vigorous debate, which has rarely degenerated into the juvenile bitch slapping where a mod HAS to step in.

There have been negative comments made about every 40 replica manufacturer I can think of, some well articulated and specific contributions, some not. There has even been open season on a version of one....

Many of us have their only knowledge of some of these manufacturers from their own websites and these forums, so it's worth having both sides of the coin - as well as the involvement of the manufacturers themselves - to make a balanced decision on what is a substantial investment. My own experience has been that a negative comment made about a manufacturer saw my consideration of that manufacturer improve - I disagreed completely with the comment, even though it was well put.

Finally, as pointed out elsewhere, you simply can't please everybody all the time. I'm sure every manufacturer of replicas has their own experiences, as has just about everybody in a service industry.

Neil,

Fran purchases advertising here, as do a number of other makers. According to the rules, they're welcome to post as much or as little as they wish with their corporate identity displayed.

Hi J. Salmon,
I take onboard your comments.

I am glade you are happy with your RCR product.
Interesting you have compaired the issues with other manufactures of kit cars and others less fortunate then ourselves, but we are talking about RCR and experiences with RCR. So we need to keep to the point.

But there are people out there with with simular issues as Billy, but can not comment,
as they are still waiting for delayed parts or late deliveries, as RCR is holding them to ransom.

You will be very supprised what will come out in the future, as people finish there builds and no longer depend on the support of RCR, the truth will be known.

Neil

Ron Earp

Admin

Hi Neil,

I'm the moderator and owner of the forum. People are allowed to post grievances on GT40s.com. That is what it is here for - as one who lost $37,000 in a GT40 related business failure I understand.

However, since your points here are duplicated in another thread in the RCR forum, which I'll point out you also posted essentially the same thing, I'll simply merge this thread with that thread.

The original thread is here:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-foru.../27160-fran-open-letter-final-resolution.html

Maybe Billy Mead and Fran Hall will come to terms and solve whatever situation has developed between them.

Ron

I've been reading this crap all day! The issue is about Billy and Fran's business arrangement PERIOD. It has little or nothing to do with individual customers. I have no dog in this fight, I am merely a very pleased (so far) SL-C owner that has received good cooperation and support from Fran and RCR.

Just my last two cents on this subject.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter

I've been reading this crap all day! The issue is about Billy and Fran's business arrangement PERIOD. It has little or nothing to do with individual customers. I have no dog in this fight, I am merely a very pleased (so far) SL-C owner that has received good cooperation and support from Fran and RCR.

Just my last two cents on this subject.

Very well said. And UNLESS you are privy to Fran's contract with Billy and all the emails and telephone conversations they have had, you don't know the truth and really should not be commenting upon what the truth is or is not. I do not have the details but am never amazed at how there are people in this world who believe anything and everything they read. Free advice given to me by my father: Don't believe everything you READ!.

Molleur, I am sending you over a nickel so you have money and can still play.:)

Yergoddam right. That's called loyalty. I am surprised that with all the satisfied Tornado customers driving around in carbon monocoques that you have time to troll here.

That was inappropriate of me and I cannot edit it away, so I apologize for the comment.

Ron McCall

Supporter

You will be very supprised what will come out in the future, as people finish there builds and no longer depend on the support of RCR, the truth will be known.

Neil

I finished my RCR almost two years ago and no longer depend on RCR for anything!! I will tell you this......If I buy another replica,there will be only one choice....RCR!!! I wouldn't think twice about it! The support that I have gotten from Fran is and has always been "above and beyond!"

Now that Ron's been kind enough to stitch together the bits I was missing, I'm sorry I stuck up my head. I apologise for wasting anybody's time.

Hey

I do think it's very important to say that as far as Ron goes I really think he's acted properly in this matter. I very much support him in this and think all of us should thank him for all he does.

Thanks Ron

Best

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back