RCR's Next car should be.....

I'm still for the front engine idea..

Lister_Storm.jpg

This would be nice to, a Porsche 910 they came with boxer 6 and 8 cylinders.
Also they are super lightweight.

EauDheure-011.jpg

EauDheure-005.jpg

see also this "replica" for the road how low it is...wow

its in German and with catalyst etc etc...
normally such car weights 600kg but this one weights 700kg on the road
but it has a 3.8 RS engine with 360hp :idea:

Porsche 910 Replika - YouTube

they say it could reach 350km/h in theory but the cars aero is not made for that so they don't do that.

also here it was spotted on the road, sometimes he goes a bit faster when the road opens a bit

porsche 910 - YouTube

Ginetta have pretty much got that market wrapped up over here with the G40/G50/G55, there are other 'junior' cars (G20 I think), either way, the G40 isn't cheap and it goes up sharply from there...

OK...there is now another new car in the works for RCR.

This is not a Superlite based car...it is truly another race car replica....

I have two versions of the body and cannot decide which one to use.....

Its open top and definately full on race car...and its from the 2001/2002 timeline.

OK......you guys are no fun...

IMHO these are some of the best looking LMP cars ever built...(and RCR only build cars I like...just incase nobody else wants to buy one...)

There could be two sets of suspension mounts ...one giving more ride height for anyone wild and crazy enough to want to drive an LMP1 car on the street...then the trackday settings too...
(yes I know one of the set ups will not be optimised but you are not likely to find the limit on the street)

This car will not be taking the place of the Superlite Le Mans...as that is a sportscar first and foremost....and is looking splendid btw.

the LMP1 will just be taking my "Race Car Replicas" concept to a little newer age race car...

Attachments

• 2002-lmp900-cadillacw.jpg
    2002-lmp900-cadillacw.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,359
  • CadGC-1.jpg
    CadGC-1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
There could be two sets of suspension mounts ...one giving more ride height for anyone wild and crazy enough to want to drive an LMP1 car on the street...then the trackday settings too...
(yes I know one of the set ups will not be optimised but you are not likely to find the limit on the street)
I vote for this one, and as it is, I would use it for the daily commute. That's just how I like to roll.
attachment.php

NICE!
Did you buy one of the two that are for sale to use as a model? Yes it does update the 'replica' side of the biz and what a surprise it is. Will you try and include a real ground effect underside in this design?

Nice choice, making another replica of an 'American' race car and one of my favorite LMP1cars as well.

Hell, we can keep it 'authentic' and install a real Northstar engine in it too!
PS I prefer the second picture bodywork style myself.

Rob,

I have two of them (bodies only)...2001 and 2002....
Also have all lower body trays , front and rear diffusers, ducts etc ....wont be using the same materials to make them though...and some will be ommitted

Front splitter alone is 20k for a replacement...

The undertray is actually flat with zero tunnels....part of the rules package in 01/02...so already have that well and truly covered...just like the SL-C 01 car..
The Caddy used an Aurora TT 4.0l engine...(similar to the indy car engine of the period.)...

Yes you are right another American car....

I like the second pic. 2001 style myself too

Hell, we can keep it 'authentic' and install a real Northstar engine in it too!

I was just thinking the same thing...

Time to google search "Northstar upgrades".

Edit: I like the nose off of the first one, but the sides and main body off the second one. I know, not really helping... Unless it's a one-off.

Last edited:
.... instilled that much confidence did they?.....

Around that time I remember my race bike engine builder having an Indy Aurora cylinder head on his flow bench, looking for the latest in port design/effect. Well, I guess we could round up a number of those engines as there a few around for sale :evil:

With all these choice, choices you make it hard for us to 'grow up' LOL

It will be a two seat cockpit...there is more than enough room.

The BAC Mono is very similar in concept to the Nemesis, with the exception that ours is affordable...

Absolutely not.....no external changes to the body at all...

Have to keep the RCR accurate body mantra alive and well...besides its been proven to work just the way it is.....

So I had a passing thought. Would there be another green car in NASA Super Unlimited
class ? Maybe some competition for a Riley ?

Back