RCR's Next car should be.....

Paul,
as I mentioned I have 2001 and 2002 bodies....I have checked with the powers that be and I am OK to do what I have planned.
I also have a little tweek that I can add as a seperate body piece that will completely transform the look into a very current style open cockpit LMP car....so essentially two for one.
We will not be making the body from CF though....unless someone really wants a $20,000 front splitter.....yikes

3694851944_2f6fab138d_b.jpg

Here's another vote for the Chevron B8. It could be a blast with a high output 4-cylinder or whatever else you can squeeze in there.

I also like the front lip on this GT40:
gt40rtrackcar.jpg

Could the lip ever become a possible option?

How about the old Porsche type 64

Attachments

• type 64 2.jpg
    type 64 2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 663
  • prosche type 64.jpg
    prosche type 64.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 352
  • type 64 7.jpg
    type 64 7.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 399
  • type 64 3.jpg
    type 64 3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 310
Paul,
as I mentioned I have 2001 and 2002 bodies....I have checked with the powers that be and I am OK to do what I have planned.
I also have a little tweek that I can add as a seperate body piece that will completely transform the look into a very current style open cockpit LMP car....so essentially two for one.

Hey Fran, I think a person beat you to the Cadillac LMP market :rolleyes:
cadillac-00003-1.jpg

2001 Cadillac LMP Race Car Replica #2

Good idea about the separate body piece! Who woudn't love seeing one of these get the groceries? :thumbsup:
cadillac_lmp02_09.jpg

...on a related note, does RCR have any plans to build DSR or F1000 cars? I understand R&D (time and expenses) would be an obstacle but just curious:

Stohr WF1
fs_jro.jpg

Stohr F1000
F1000-Nicholas-Belling.jpg

The replica is the sytling buck/car that GM used to have in their Heritage center...was actually never a shape that was used as you will see its pretty similar to the early Riley based car but the cockpit is completely different as are the aero parts...its also missing a whole lot of parts.

No plans to do anything DSR related....I have two friends that already make them for a living and the market is miniscule to say the least ,and they are very expensive for new ones...$80-100k.... and as I already have a bike engined car that is sub $20k...where would be the business model.

How many SL Nemesis have you sold? (If you don't mind me asking...). Seems like there isn't that many of them out there. I love that car!

I wonder if Ford's new 1.0l ecoboost would fit in the Nemesis???

No plans to do anything DSR related....I have two friends that already make them for a living and the market is miniscule to say the least ,and they are very expensive for new ones...$80-100k.... and as I already have a bike engined car that is sub $20k...where would be the business model.

ya, that's what I figured.

I suppose a more pertinent inquiry would be...
are clever and comprehensive aero packages in the works for the SL-R & SL-N?

BTW, I found this cool [German] cat when trying to find the Cd of the DeTomaso Pantera... always wondered if it's as big of a brick as the similar Italian toys of the time:
DeTomaso Pantera GT5si
353102185_detomaso.jpg

Back