RCR's Next car should be.....

Close up the razor and you would be more than 1/2 way there. Remember that the comparo kept falling apart. Have any been sold?

No idea. It's a cool concept though and would be nice if RCR could make it actually work as a reliable and relatively affordable car. If anyone can do it, I would think it would be RCR.

The car fell apart during the Top Gear test as well. I think they only built 4 to sell but I do not think that any have sold.

During the TG test, the floor pan started pealing away from the chassis (from the front). Before that, it had drivetrain problems. It's a cool car, but it's not off to a good start!

Can I get a Mazda 787b or a Mazda Furai. Something I can put a PP20b in. I guess since there is the 962 the Furai might get more of a nood.

Mazda-787B_mp34_pic_43708.jpg

Last edited:
Can I get a Mazda 787b or a Mazda Furai. Something I can put a PP20b in. I guess since there is the 962 the Furai might get more of a nood.
The SL-C is already VERY close to the SL-C with the original race tail. All it needs is the correct paint scheme and most wouldn't know the difference.

I would sell the SL-C body in a heartbeat if Fran did the Furai skin over the SL-C chassis.

I know someone just visited Fran asking about doing a 4-rotor version of the SL-C :)

Dave...I wouldnt let you sell the body....as it may end up on some other steel tube frame chassis...heaven forbid....hehe.

No chance of doing the Furai although I do absolutely love the design

Your buddy came by a couple of weeks ago and we discussed his rotary engine ideas.... pretty wild stuff.

He plans on a return trip and bringing more info with him...

What about a Lotus MK1 or something in that line of cars, I will find a good pic to use. I would love to see a RCR take on a Lotus 7 / Cataram also

Here are a few pic's of what i was talking about.

I know the Lotus 30 fits closely to the Lola you are aready offers, but i do believe the body work is different.

Attachments

• 59_Lola lotus_MK1.jpg
    59_Lola lotus_MK1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 244
  • lot138-64 Lotus 30 Mk1.jpg
    lot138-64 Lotus 30 Mk1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Caterham-7.jpg
    Caterham-7.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Fran, are you still planning on developing the LMP1? I just went through some of the older posts in this thread and learned you were planning to do this.

I really like the concept: sounds like it could be an easy build due to no door or windshield fitment. There is also a supply of northstar engines out there, though modding them is going to be expensive... but there are people who specialize in hot rodding these engines. I dont know if that is your planned engine, but it would be authentic.

All in all, sounds like an awesome track car and show stopper. Cant wait to see what you come up with. :thumbsup:

I am leaning towards the 2001 shape ...but I do have some other tricks up my sleeve .

The 2001 car has a longer wheelbase also making a little more versatile.

Oh yes...just want to get the move out of the way and we will be working on it more aggressively....the D type comes first and the LMP1 is right behind...

The car will be a serious competitor to the SLC on track as its only ever going to be a track car...zero chance of a street version....but thats OK..

Oh yes...just want to get the move out of the way and we will be working on it more aggressively....the D type comes first and the LMP1 is right behind...

The car will be a serious competitor to the SLC on track as its only ever going to be a track car...zero chance of a street version....but thats OK..

So I'm guessing the less track competitive cousin of the bunch, referred to as the GTA, goes after the LMP1...

Will be exciting to see the new RCR offerings coming out the pipe-line!

Back