RCR's Next car should be.....

As far as super cool street cars are concerned, the SLC and the RCR40 Mk1 are practically perfect, but for someone with my mediocre talent, they're a bit much for the track. A 904 replica sounds great, but I'm a little concerned about its aerodynamics on the track.

If you think that the SLC or Mk1 would be too much for you, how would aerodynamics affect the handling of a car if you're not even "using" it? Your logic doesn't make sense to me.

I never said anything about crappy handling, but the GTA seems mainstream compared to the SLC.

No but you almost seem 'put off' by the fact that it's NOT an SL-C and thus somehow not going to be capable...

Yes, physically smaller, and less powerful. Where I come from, it's bad etiquette to show up with a fast and expensive car if you don't have the skills to go with it. In the track events that I do, the average car is a lightly modded STi or Evo. The fastest guys are driving modded 350Zs. They're way more talented than me, so I wouldn't want to beat them by out spending them. The SLC is comparable to a Group C1 car. I'd like to see something comparable to a C2.

And what you're describing here as a perfect fit ISN'T a GTA? I'm confused, sounds like you need a GTA my friend.

The SLC is actually close to the GTP lights size...its much smaller than a GTP car and smaller than an LMP1

Thats why the LMP1 needs big tires!:thumbsup: Any chance to design the suspension to fit the wide original tires and just use spacers for the "standard" wheels/tires? Hoosier has original sized tires in their standard catalog. Hoosier item number: 43895. Expensive? I'm sure. But I'm sure well within the means of anyone purchasing a dedicated track car of this caliber.

??????...you quoted me about the SLC...which has the suspension designed to accept upto a 12 inch front wheel and 13 inch rear...similar to LMP1

Maybe we could see something like the Aquila CR1... :wiseguy:
aquila_yellow.jpg

Aquila_02.jpg

driver%20climbing%20in.jpg

Since these are usually powered by GM LS7/LS3 it would be interesting to see one of these race an SL-C :thumbsup:

...Or... how about a car like upcoming HVR Supercar from Origin Sports Cars (the sister company of Turbo Hoses Inc.):

hvrprotofrontfacia2sinful.jpg

SIDEgrey2front.jpg

HVRside.jpg

EDIT: Found this post from one of their associates', thought Fran might get a laugh form it:

02-04-12, 10:37 PM
Hoover
Supporting Vendor, Noble Owner, TurboHoses R&D

"...everything is work in progress and got a message today:

"I suggest stay focused on the balance between maneuverability vs. stability. Build for performance!
The SL-C Superlite Coupe is almost the exact width as a Noble M400, 74 in vs 74.2 in., but the SL-C has a 105 in wheelbase vs M400's 96 in., with an overall length (excluding wing) of 168 in vs M400's 161 in, and height of 43 in vs 45 in, respectively."

I totally agree. I have an entire spread sheet of wheelbase measurements of many mid-engine cars for comparison. We spent a ton of time measuring engines and over package size instead of just putting in a v8 with 500hp. That's easy, but when considering everything as a whole, we found an engine that's only 40lbs. heavier than the Noble and with a dry sump pan, it sits VERY low to the center of the chassis and it's a v8. The chevy engines make plenty of power, but weight offsett is a tradeoff and location of the weight bias makes it even less desirable for our purpose..."

Last edited:
VERY interesting about those last three pictures, the first one I have seen before and is actually a rendering done for a design that was to go over an Ultima however, the next two pictures are a completely different design.

VERY interesting about those last three pictures, the first one I have seen before and is actually a rendering done for a design that was to go over an Ultima however, the next two pictures are a completely different design.

Ahh, you're right... the RZ Ultima Concept by Racer X Design.

I pulled these pictures of the HVR from their website:

Front View:
camera_4_p70.jpg

Side: View:
photoHVRS.jpg

Rear View:
back8.jpg

Clay Models:
34blackback.jpg

top34black.jpg

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz C11 is nice too, and they have nice V8 too or V12

3708947368_979dfbcf38_o.jpg

C11-21.jpg

but not very practical ;-)
I have always loved the way Mercedes-Benz had fluorescent colored mirrors (red or yellow). If someone is looking for practicality they have come to the wrong website. Besides, even if you could only fit one apple with you in the car and you're driving along the bumpiest most pothole containing road you'd still grin ear to ear driving one of these

Thats why the LMP1 needs big tires!:thumbsup: Any chance to design the suspension to fit the wide original tires and just use spacers for the "standard" wheels/tires? Hoosier has original sized tires in their standard catalog. Hoosier item number: 43895. Expensive? I'm sure. But I'm sure well within the means of anyone purchasing a dedicated track car of this caliber.

HHmmmmm,
If one wanted GTP or LMP1 tire width they are the same at 14.5. Not much of a stretch from the standard SLC at 13.0 and if wide is what you really wanted I'm sure you could find a way. I don't see that as a limitation for the serious builder.

HHmmmmm,
If one wanted GTP or LMP1 tire width they are the same at 14.5. Not much of a stretch from the standard SLC at 13.0 and if wide is what you really wanted I'm sure you could find a way. I don't see that as a limitation for the serious builder.
Says the guy with 15" wide rims on his one-off widebody SL-C.

That thing is for sale over at Fantasy Junction across the street from Pixar Studios in Emeryville. Just pop on over the bay bridge and it's all yours! It will save you building that rotary nonsense with more nonsense :)

Pretty wild engineering......but in the end I just go ????
I must not have enough disposable income to see the value

Back