RCR's Next car should be.....

We will start taking orders in August
No problem with a big block at all

The kit will be formatted similar to the SLC deluxe plus package ,there is only going to be one kit package available ... Deluxe plus

Purchase agreement paperwork and spec sheets are already available for potential customers

If your state allows component cars to be registered then there will be no problem

Argh.... You had to go ahead and do it, didn't you. You're killing me... I like this car. Everybody has a GT40 so that didn't grease the monkey, but this...

If I were on the "board" at RCR ( LOL )..... and looking to build something new. I'd focus more on something a bit more obtainable for the masses!

Me being a Zcar guy from way back, I've always wondered by Nissan has never stepped up and capitalized on the retro style opportunity for the early S30Z.

I would build something along this line. :thumbsup:

Here are the reasons I would consider a car like this...
Can be a Tribute car, to the 70's SCCA Racers
Make it more obtainable for the masses ( higher volume focus for sales )
Z clubs in every nation, state, around the world ( Cult following )
Large, already established following = LARGE opportunity for sales.

With my 25yrs of experience with Datsun customers, clubs, forums. I can almost garauntee, and sum-up sales by 1 simple phrase..... "If you build it, they will buy!" LOL

Nissan, you need to wake-up!

Attachments

• 66.JPG
    66.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 380
  • D_240Z_conc_39__.jpg
    D_240Z_conc_39__.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 309
  • Datsun_240Z_Concept_front.jpg
    Datsun_240Z_Concept_front.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 358
  • Datsun_240Z_Concept_side.jpg
    Datsun_240Z_Concept_side.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 401
That looks terrible. That design doesn't know whether it wants to be retro or modern. It's a mess.

There's still a ton of old Datsuns out there. And there's quite a few that have been restored or resto-modded. I think you're asking for the impossible.

Have you seen the Apex?

If it's based on the same price structure as the SLC, please add me to the order list! I've been waiting for an affordable ford-gt alternative for years--especially an r version. On a side note, I still think the sleek, silver interior on the Ford gt's is more modern looking than just about any new car on the road today.

This car is just coming out with first orders going through in August. Fran will probably put out a price list in the next few days/weeks.

This is a very exciting car.

I love the Furai.....

I see it was in a fire and was destroyed

Mazda Furai - Nulon blog

If there is ever an SLC2 it will have some seriously sweepy lines like the Furai....

I love the Furai as well. It's absolutely gorgeous. Also, I see someone mentioned the BAC Mono, which I think is a beautiful car too.

The SLC is a great looking car, and if you ever came out with an SLC2 and made it "sweepy" like the Furai that would be VERY interesting. The McLaren P1 also has some of the "sweepyness" going on, and is absolutely gorgeous as well.

What is the status of the new Off Road truck racer?
From Fran:
(post #1857) We have already waterjetted and laser cut the first of these and we are assembling it right now...there is no body work per se as its a monocoque chassis up front and the exterior shapes are the chassis.... <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend>
</fieldset>
I came across this video and immediately thought of this new truck from RSR. Personally, I remain extremely interested in one of these.
Here is the video that reminded me of this new RCR creation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvYksrzm9a0

We will be taking an HT2 to SEMA this year
We have partnered with a larger company that us excited to have the truck on their displY as pride of place

Back