RCR's Next car should be.....

I understand that. besides the Super GT car is a different beast, its probably not even A Ford GT underneath . I just wanted to know what kind of reaction others would have to it as it looks like a ford GT if it were a silhouette car. For all I know it probably is.

Attachments

• i dunno.jpg
    i dunno.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 316
  • 20140708_135856.jpg
    20140708_135856.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 320
Bertone went bankrupt

Its the end of an era, Bertone has gone bankrupt!

Bertone has been around since 1912 (102 years) and designed many of the most iconic cars. For example, Lamborghini Miura, Lamborghini Countach, Lancia Stratos, many Alfa Romeos, many Fiats, etc.

The rights for the "Bertone" name is now owned by a newly formed entity called Bertone Design.

I wonder if this means that the rights for some of the legendary Bertone designs are now affordable?

Hmmm, Did I mention Lancia Stratos?!?
1975-Lancia-Stratos-HF-Stradale-by-Bertone-3.jpg

1972-Lamborghini-Miura-SV-fa-lr.jpg

bertone-car-is-up-for-auction-1-e1301936636315.jpg

Lamborghini-countach-by-bertone-1971-1978-10.jpg

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Some of you older forum members may remember that I actually had one a few years ago...having been involved with Rallying as a young un, I love those cars, even built an 037 replica many years ago...I offered it for sale for sale and it took a good 18 months to sell....even at a giveaway price...

Last edited:

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I too love the Stratos. I've talked to the Lister Bell folks a coupe of times. The exchange rate, and scraping up an alfa motor here has kept me in the dugout though.

Some of you older forum members may remember that I actually had one a few years ago...having been involved with Rallying as a young un, I love those cars, even built an 037 replica many years ago...I offered it for sale for sale and it took a good 18 months to sell....even at a giveaway price...

A rally car would make a good addition to the RCR stable.

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
I'm new here, doing some research on the SLC and ran across this.

Living in Atlanta, and having some friends working for Downing Atlanta, I had some really unique opportunities to check out rotary race cars.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i4UTlGcqc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5I6MR6JPQ

Best,
John

LOL....

me too on the Mazda...very very rare..and Dempsey still crashed it...hehe

I had a wind tunnel model of the DG3 and really liked the proportions of all the GTP light cars ...Spice etc .

They were always reputed to be more fun top drive than the GTP cars ....many were V6 powered with turbos...

Being a race car guy the Saubers , 962, GTP lights car all played a big part in influencing the design of the SLC...and then my main man Mike Moore and the RCR team ,we took the car to where it is now....sometimes I get too close to the cars and its not until I get a chance to standback and see them on the ground and from a distance that I really remember how damn pretty the thing is....:thumbsup:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
John

welcome.

There are a few SLC's in your area..one with Hcraft the Robertson Ford GT prep shop...H would be happy to have you by,.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
If you check out the rocker panels on EVERY picture of the Robertsons car from day one on the track you will see my RCR decals..
We have been involved from the very beginning...

The car is coming along really well and is really going to be very special...just as Dave and Andrea Robertsons cars are.

H craft..our rep/builder in Georgia is the main man behind the whole Robertson race programme.

I am honored to have him involved with our RC/Superlites.
He has the Superlite Le Mans at his shop for anyone to go check out.

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
Thanks Fran - and good speaking with you last week.

I wish I were still living in North Georgia. Few places in the world have I enjoyed more!

In the process of moving down to Austin, TX... if you have any owners or shops down here you could link me up with, I'd be much obliged!
Best,
John

John

welcome.

There are a few SLC's in your area..one with Hcraft the Robertson Ford GT prep shop...H would be happy to have you by,.

Back