Repairable CAV

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
"monoCOCK"????

Yeah,

They know what they have.......................

"Seen similar "kits" go for $150,000.00

Ah, well, hope springs eternal!

Rick

:D That car really doesn't look that bad off. Kind of wonder what the reserve is. Question, what is this car doing in an italian car recycling facility? I didn't know this car was made in italy! tom :)

Keith

That's certainly seen some abuse that's for sure. Reckon the rear deck flipping open at speed caused all that? Plus being parked out in the rain for a year....

Just in case somebody is interested in bidding on this one. A friend of mine has seen the car and can help answer questions. He is a great mechanic and actually called me to see if I was interested in picking this car up. He said that the car could be fairly easily repaired and put back on the road. If anybody is serious about the car and wants to PM me with questions about the condition, I will pass those on and try to help.
Neither he nor I have any affiliation with the car. I would just like to see a good car go to an enthusiast.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I have not posted in awhile, but still check this site regularly. I believe I may know a little history on this car. I have CAV chassis 1A01, and based on the vin tag this car is 1A02. I bought my car from Bob Lacy a few years back and he had told me that all of the CAV mono car bodies were to be constructed of carbon fiber/kevlar. Chassis 01 and 02 were built at the same time using the carbon fiber which proved to be difficult to paint without showing print through of the carbon fiber cloth in the finished paint job. All future cars were constructed of fiber glass. So, this car on e-bay appears to be the second car which according to Bob would have the carbon fiber body. Not sure it makes it anymore desireable. I also cannot be certain that this car, 1A02, is actually carbon fiber.

Pat

Supporter
It looks very repairable. I wonder if anyone knows the story of how the shunt occured. The bow on the rear deck brace certainly supports the rear deck lift theory. Was the owner in the forum?

Ron Earp

Admin
Ray M had one that was similar or the same as that color, if I recall correctly, which I probably don't. But I think he lived on the east coast, isn't that car on the west coast? Probably not his.

Ron

I called the wrecking yard today about this car and he told me his reserve is 45k and really wants 50k for the car. I thought of picking this car up, but I already have one and I don't see anything special about the engine/trans set up. He told me the transmission is an audi box. The deck lid flipped up and seems to be an easy repair. No radiator, starter, or fans. I suppose this could be a good deal for someone. Good luck! tom

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm wondering if the steering arm broke before or after the crash...

I have a set of front and rear hubs for a CAV. This does look like an easy fix.
Hi, I bought the CAV gt on ebay. Very light damage. Rear damage was done when towed. Other than the scrape the cross bar supports was bent. I do need a rf upright.
Tim M
816-769-1669

Back