A couple of shots from our fist outing

Attachments

• DSC_4396a.JPG
    DSC_4396a.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,058
  • DSC_4418a.JPG
    DSC_4418a.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,063
I have just uploaded a video to you tube for our first outing at Oran Park, no idea how to greate the link so if anyone can help (Paul ?) can you please do the right thing and help !!

Iain

Great vid. I was unsure about whether or not to fit my air jacks - but that seals the deal. What a party trick!

Car looks quick and corners flat. Good turn of speed on the front straight too.

Hi Iain,
she looks great on the track and quick,sounds like you need to dump a muffler or two those pesky little 4cylinder cars seem to be making more noise than you.good luck and enjoy.

cheers Ali

Keith

Agreed - looks nice and stable - doesn't look like a '40 at all!!:lipsrsealed: :laugh:

I should imagine you'll also be getting a call from the man at V.A.G in Europe, although whether he will congratulate you or not remains to be seen.. :shocked:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for that Iain.

My project slowed for a few months due to having to attend to a few non GT40 issues. Now back under way with a vengeance! Will update progress on my build thread shortly.

Your car looks, goes, and sounds fantastic. You must be pleased to finally turn the wheels in anger :thumbsup: Now we're all looking forward to your race reports :pepper:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hey Ian, we popped by your "shop" the other day to pick up some wheels for which I really appreciate and you will be suitably rewarded.
After some small chat, Mick dragged us out back to check out "the race car", a couple of hours passed as we re engineered everything -- for your benefit, to meet Queensland standards? -- bugger, I can't keep a straight face anymore.:laugh:
Yes folks, this is a well engineered racing weapon -- under the guise of a classic GT40 --a very high bar has been set!
Lucky for you we had some time constraints otherwise we'd be still there,
Mick was a champion and we were in awe.

"Your friends in motor racing"

Two hours, you did well ! If talking were an Olympic sport Mick would be a triple gold medalsit. As it is he has to be satisfied with being an excellent engineer. It has all paid off, we have tried a few alterations to the set up as it came "out of the box" but quite frankly we really havent changed much which speaks volumes for his expertise.

Hope you had a good week end when it dried out at Wakefeild Park,

Iain

Test day # 2

We had a fairly full test day a couple of weeks ago and despite my best attempts I have not found the time to assemble a consise video of the best bits, so if you can forgive the unedited version it is now on youtube, once again if the more technically competant members can help with creating the link ..... thanks

Iain

Should'nt you be working on your car rather than lurking round dubious web sites,

Thanks anyway, will you be ready for your first race ?

Iain

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Haha! Don't give me a hard time! It's nearly midnight here and I've just knocked off. We'll get to the race meeting for sure. Mightn't get much testing in before hand though.... And may have to skimp on some of the cosmetics. Ruapuna are still dicking me around with my entry, that's more the problem...

When's your first race? I can't wait to see your first real action footage. :thumbsup:

Did you ever find out those wheel rates?

Last edited:

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Your'e making the straight seem very short Lain. Has someone dropped grease on your rear wheels?:laugh: Only joking of course. I agree with Russ we want to see it in anger now. You made those other cars on the track with you, look pretty ordinary.

Ross

Hi Ross,

We are just working on the tow bar for the fuel bowser then we should be set for next season. Thirsty..... she likes a drink!
How is your trip to NZ, is it still on ?

Iain

Back