S2's Build Thread

I like the CF5V with the SLC a lot and that color with white is nice.

The engine is going to be insane!

Rear exhaust?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Thoughts on how you are going to tackle the intake air piping with the supercharger pulley in the way. Will it be turning to the right instead?

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Ken,

Yes, the induction tube has to exit to the right due to the location of supercharger’s pulley. To make it work, the cross bar in the rear roll hoop was modified (no changes to the actual chassis) and the throttle body had to be relocated. The plan is build a cold air / filter box attached to the duct in front of the passenger-side rear tire. I think it’s going to be a challenge to get the fuel filler and tube routed around the induction tube and frame.

DSC_1109.JPG

DSC_1108.JPG

intake_2.JPG

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
I removed the body today and built a dolly so that I can move it around. I was going to stand the sections up to save space, but I didn't want to store it in a way that might cause the body to deform. I also love looking at the car and I wanted it around to inspire me, so I built a whole-car dolly out of 2 x 4's and 3/4" plywood sitting on six lockable caster. It raises the body a bit so it's not quite as bad ass...
IMG_0325.JPG

Note that I ran out of time and the nose and tail aren't sitting right... I'll fix that later.

Can you find the dog in the picture below?

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Since I’m going with a MoToc ECU I bought Tilton’s Throttle Linkage System which is very nice. It calls for a Penny & Giles TPS280DP sensor. Apparently it’s a very nice hall effect sensor, tested to 60 million operations, 12-bit resolution, zero signal degradation over the lifetime of the sensor, sealed to withstand high pressure wash-downs (IP69K), dual outputs, etc.

All wonderful, but after spending hours of googling around I found all types of press releases, specs, etc., but no place to buy it online. After sending a bunch of emails to the manufacturer and resellers I received one quote: $250.04 and “approximately 6-8 weeks” delivery -- two months, really?

When I asked about the lead time for a replacement in case of failure, they suggested that I buy two! Clearly they forgot to mention that parts of it were made of unobtainium. Anybody know how to get one in a reasonable timeframe?

This TPS was designed for Jenvey (they list it as tp8rh/lh) so why not try them: they list it for £104.00 and you can take advantage of the weak pound.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Colin,

Thanks! You're correct it's the same part and the Tilton floor mount requires the "LT" version (value increases in counter clockwise direction). I found two places in the US that sell online for $80 less.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
I got this oil filter from Billet Connection. The primary benefit is a see through window which enables you see any particles trapped in the 60 or 115-micron stainless filter (smaller particles pass through and are filtered via a standard disposable filter). This is achieved by connecting an air or Co2 source to the integrated Schrader valve to clear the oil between the window and the stainless filter. It also has a bypass feature should it become completely clogged and a nice mounting bracket.

http://www.billetconnection.com/cvf_page.html

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

Last edited:

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
It was hot and humid which presented a good opportunity clean the fuel tank with my son. Given previous posts I was expecting to find a pile a metal shavings... despite filling the tank with water four times I didn't find a single one... nice work Superlite

IMG_0518.JPG

Connor observes that it looks like a horse doing its business

IMG_0519.JPG

This observation doesn't prevent him from soaking his feet

IMG_0527.JPG

Drying the tank with compressed air

IMG_0530.JPG

Connor contemplates what will happen if he pulls the trigger

IMG_0531.JPG

He wants an air line installed in the bathroom because the hairdryer is 'boring' and he'll be able to 'get ready for school faster' and in case his mom (or my mom) happens to read this he had googles on and he knows not to point it into his eye

IMG_0532.JPG

That would get him in trouble upstairs in Mom's domain, but it's acceptable garage behavior

Mark B.

Supporter
Great work, Scott!

Question for you: where did you get the aluminum tube for your intake? I need to do something very similar in mine.
Thanks!

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Mark, Superlite made the intake tube. They also modified the rear roll hoop to make room for the first bend in the intake as shown in post #25. Unlike the LS-9 supercharger, no modifications to the chassis were required.

Mark B.

Supporter
Mark, Superlite made the intake tube. They also modified the rear roll hoop to make room for the first bend in the intake as shown in post #25. Unlike the LS-9 supercharger, no modifications to the chassis were required.

Thanks for the info, Scott!

Back