Sandy Ganz engine and trans

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
David - Drop by John is really nice guy to chat with. He can make most any odd fitment as well. I think he can do the short water pump with 32Amp as I recall but would not work with the larger amp one.

Fran - It was in the 70 degree range today, looks like you probabally could get all the warm flat beer you need here in CA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ron - If your reading this thread racemate might be a good advertiser...

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill -

No real plans to get it on the steet until I can figure out how to get an SB100. Maybe by next year they will increase the counts.

My street driving might be limited to going to Bob's Big Boy and that sort of thing, but really not it's main intention until I get too old to deal with the race gas and overly touchy motors. Got at least a year or two for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have my 65 Mustange registered and insured for street but really even driving that is a huge pain, and given my lead-footedness might just land me in the pokey. The GT40 will be even worse I'm guessing.

Sandy

I'm thinking about buying a RCR-40 - what brand of transaxle is this? How much does it cost and will it take 450+ HP engines with lots of torque?

John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Talk to fran at RCR.He will give you a good quoate depending what type of transaxle you choose.

regards
oliver

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
The transaxle is a porsche 930 box, it is supposidly able to to handle over 700hp when prepped correctly. Talk to Fran, he will give you more options then you will care to have. Likely a good gear box for that power level would be one of the more common G50 Porsche boxes. Talk to the man, but not too long so he can keep working on my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. The motor in this thread mad over 600hp/480ft/lbs. Note the 930 box is only a 4speed, where as other zf/g50/renault/audi are usually 5.

HTH

Sandy

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice combo Sandy./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif

What starter have you elected to use with this setup? I presume you'll be running an alloy flywheel with ring gear in the conventional position? Any specifics re starter and ring gear much appreciated. Also a description and photo's of the spraybar setup would be informative, save me reinventing the wheel!

Good luck with your build.

Regards

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Russ -

Thanks!

The flywheel and starter are from PowerHausII, which are actually from Kennedy. The flywheel is porsche to ford and is steel but I think its weight comes in at ~13 Lbs (~6kg). The starter is also from them for mounting in the porsche housing. I have not seen them as they are all at RCR. For the spray bar, I can't get a pic on that unless the trans blows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, It has been done and buttoned up by PowerHausII. Sorry can't help with that. For the spray bar you might be able to get some info from Roger at PowerHausII, he may also be able to supply a kit of parts or something.

Sandy

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Sandy,

I'll expect spraybar photos after your first track session then!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Regards

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Russ -

I'm hoping that I can keep you from seeing the insides of the gear box for a long long time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sandy

Ron Earp

Admin
Sandy, do those alterators require a field wire? If they are one wire deals then they would be really sweet to simply wire to the starter lug and be done with it, making a really tidy system.

R

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron -

Yep, they have 2 wires that come from the alternator to a small aluminum box that is housing the rectifiers, and then one out of that to the battery. No field wire needed. Very nice package. I think he can do it on the short waterpump as well but not the high amp version. The one in the pic is the 60 amp model and is much thicker then the 30 amp. They also have no brushs so they are very reliable. The down side for them is 2 things, one is they cost a bit, and the other is that at low speeds depending on your pulley araingment you may not have much current at low rpm.

If you need one make sure that you leave a bit of time in your plan as sometimes he can be a bit slow to get the parts out. John is the fellow that you want to talk to, he is an extreemly nice fellow as well.

Sandy

Back