Scotts build thread

OBX usually makes crap parts .... I remember reading about the horrors of some guys trying to use their ITBs on S2000s. Hope it works out for you.

The manifold needed to be clearanced a bit, but other than that, it appears to be very good quality and everything sealed bearing. Throttle actuation is very smooth also. I have researched them on the 1uz for months now, and that is the only complaint I found was the clearancing. Guys who had them running had no complaints.

Hmmm...would I be jumping to conclusions if I guessed what the diagram on the breather cap was saying? ;) Did you paint the valve covers black? Love the intake, can't wait to see how you address the clearance issues with the body.

A.J.

Yes AJ, two in the pink, and one in the stink. Bwhahaha. Sad to say, it was the only cap that fit and was gold anodized I could find. May change the emblem at some point, but kind of funny also to leave it and see how many chuckles it gets.
Got a plan for the body work. Getting some insiration from the Caparo T1. The clearancing they did for the motor and the gills running down the side. Very smooth way of doing it and has function.
The covers were already painted black. But, I plan to paint the entire drivetrain black. Something sinister about all black motor and trans. For the entire "go kart" chassis, it is either black, gold, or polished alum/s.s. It should look as good with body on as with off. ;)

Caparo_T1_rear.jpg

Finally at the point I can get measurements to lazer cut a thick flange for the acrylic. Inlet sides to intake will be ovalled tube and hover right over the valve cover.

Keith

Can't tell you how nice is it to see a different motor rather than the rather boring (although admittedly effective) LS lumps in there.

That is a great looking motor and surprisingly compact..

If I was in the market, I would make it a mission NOT to fit an LS and although I quite understand the 101 sensible reasons for doing so, it would just make me more determined not to!

A Coyote with crossover ITB's would also look and sound great in an SLC (if it would fit that is).

My coyote-based beast is coming along...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Allan is doing his thing now. :)

Attachments

• 2015-07-30 (2).jpg
    2015-07-30 (2).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,540
  • 2015-07-26 (9).jpg
    2015-07-26 (9).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,508
Can't tell you how nice is it to see a different motor rather than the rather boring (although admittedly effective) LS lumps in there.

That is a great looking motor and surprisingly compact..

If I was in the market, I would make it a mission NOT to fit an LS and although I quite understand the 101 sensible reasons for doing so, it would just make me more determined not to!

A Coyote with crossover ITB's would also look and sound great in an SLC (if it would fit that is).

Thanks. Ya, I have never built a 1uz before. Can't wait for the motor building part. Relatively cheap and tons of potential, especially f/i.

Scott, That is some very impressive fabricating. Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Al. I literally am a day or two away from taking a month off. Hoping to get all my mechanicals done and a good amount of body mods done during that time. The body is the fun, but messy as hell part!

Well today is the day. The last day of work I am scheduling for a month or so. Soooooo, now I will have umpteen hours a day to work on the car!! So now I will have time to drive around picking up parts and getting other stuff ordered. I have to get started on the body VERY soon before the cold and rain gets here and fb can still cure.
I may need to get drunk for the first cut or two, because they will be big ones! I think the back will happen first. I have been known to go overboard, so if it starts looking 'tarded, don't be shy. Haha

I had a similar throttle body set to yours ,same-ish TB's on a 302 manifold and it worked fine, took a little adjusting and messing with but all was well. Love your work on that enclosure, keep the pics coming as I may be building something similar soon.

Keep up the great work.

Scott, you want to get one of these. The value should be the same on all of the TBs. It doesn't matter so much what the value is, just so they are all the same. The throttle linkage should be disconnected to each bank of TBs prior to sync and adjusted to keep the idle the same bank to bank when re-installed. I've got one I'll sell you for $25 plus shipping.
Air Flow Carburetor Synchrometer - Dune Buggy Parts, Sandrail Parts, VW Parts - MooreParts.com
Had some TWMs on my Kirkham.

Attachments

• cobra3.jpg
    cobra3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 272
Back