Show Me Your Weber Setup!

Re: Show Me Your Weber Setup!Problems water in my brandnew cylinder 302 Boss Ford Rac

Hey I bought A brand new 302 BOSS 500 hp racing engine by Ford Racing after receiving the engine I build my Ida 48 Webers with inlet mani fold from my former small 302 Windsor engine.,Problem is that after running 5 miles i tought the Webers running not perfect,contact the man in the Netherlands to come over and after A second run at 4000 rpm the engine stopt.....
back home build out the new engine and saw that a lot of water was in the cylinders so at the moment the engine is open and needs to be overhauled this al after 5 miles driving....Could it be that the inlet mani fold is to small for the Boss engine it fits,bolds fitting but something is wrong and this cost me a lot of money also killed a brand new engine....PFFFFF:cry:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Normally I would think that if the manifold did not fit properly it would have been leaking immediately rather than after a period of time.
What may have happened is that the engine ran lean and blew a headgasket.. That should not take an overhaul to repair unless the engine hydrolocked..

Back