SL-C #50 Allan's Build

Alex, I spoke of real world experience. The material is somewhat UV stable, but Alsa won't admit to it because the lab testing was not done at the time we tried it. Not the best result in direct sunlight, but in two years the samples we made faded slightly and became measurably harder. Still okay for auto interiors IMO. It won't mar unless you use a very rough fabric or material to clean it with, or try to scratch it with fingernails. It will resist most cleaners.

Allan - Congratulations on the new project. I'm certain the SL-C will be just as impressive as any of the previous machines you've constructed. It looks like you have done your usual masterful job with all the details and the paint is absoutely striking! Have to get over there to see it.
- Allan

So despite the hurricane that kept most of CT without power I managed to spend a lot of time in the garage with the generator running finishing up my SL-C.
Here's some pictures, tomorrow I'm bringing it up to Limerock for a massive vintage and exotic car show.

IMGP1378.jpg

IMGP1377.jpg

IMGP1380.jpg

IMGP1383.jpg

IMGP1385.jpg

IMGP1386.jpg

IMGP1369.jpg

Stunning
Stunning
Stunning

Congratulations Allan,
The Gray Oz car from a fabrication standpoint is the best, but from a looks standpoint yours is IMO the best so far.
Great color.

:shocked:
Are you sure you don't have a team of builders in that garage you're not telling us about?!?!?!?!?
Car looks f'ing fantastic.

Thanks again everyone.
The paint is Viper Blue Pearl and I used 3/4 x 1/2" adhesive back foam bulb seal on the inner door and underside of the clips.
McMaster-Carr 93085k68
Hopefully I'll get it registered this week.

Allan: Your car is absolutely gorgeous! Although I am a relatively late comer to the group, I like your ideas and attention to detail.
A am strongly considering an SLC (I have to dispense of some other projects first to get both the money and the garage space). Can you give me an idea of the time that you have invested in your SLC? I understand (I think) that you were building two at a time and there is some time savings to be had when you do that, but I am just curious how much time you have invested to get that level of build quality.
Thanks,
John

Hello Alex,
A new member to the SL-C group here. Like all the rest of the comments to your SL-C it's beautiful. No matter how long it has taken to get it to where you have it was well worth it.
Joe

Right now I'm 227 hours into the build, not much left to do except look at it and of course drive it!

I did get interior panels, but not all of the them. I didn't order the inner door panels or the kick panels.

Hey Allan....I'd like to come by in the next few weeks. Have not seen you in a while and I need my fix! I am amazed at the quality and speed at which you finished the SL-C. In the end, I think after I go for a ride I will forget about the other "kit" that I wanted. The quality of the SLC from what I have seen is much better. Will call you during the week. Congrats! Is it registered yet? The paint looks amazing and I cannot believe you could do that with the system that you used! I am sold pal....and I know who my builder will be.

Adam

Back