SL-C #50 Allan's Build

Wow! Love the paint job. I also like the paint booth set-up. But, I think my favorite part is the blue overspray on what looks like new wood-planked walls! That's dedication! :D

I found a carbon fiber wing that was wide enough, 70", that fits the look of the SL-C.
I put an aluminum plate on the underside where the bolts come through the body for support. I also extended the aluminum frame uprights that the shocks bolt onto up to the underside aluminum plates so that the body can not be pushed down.
Been doing a lot of driving lately and enjoying every second of it.

0062.jpg

015.jpg

0072.jpg

Allan, play around with some endplate shapes. You can make it look better too!
IMO, deeper endplates toward the wheels with a little shape in the fronts.
The race wing for the street tail (and placement) from RCR has been optimized for the aero.
Just my buck-and-a-quarter...

I like the side mirrors Allan. Who makes them and why the change?

The mirrors are APR but since then I've found them for less here:
Club Series Race Mirrors - Club Series GT Mirror

Both mirrors are convex so they give really good visibility and they are really good quality carbon fiber. Better visibility, I like the way they look and the CF matches the CF wing in the back.

Here's the best pricing I found on the wing:
Universal APR Performance GTC-500 Adjustable Carbon Fiber Wing | AS-107057

Both mirrors are convex so they give really good visibility and they are really good quality carbon fiber. Better visibility, I like the way they look and the CF matches the CF wing in the back.

Did you get the angled stem or straight stem? I've really disliked allt he mirrors I've seen so far, but yours look pretty good. I just wish there was some way you could do a mirror that wasn't obstrussive (to the look of the car) w/o drilling into the body to attach it.

Allan,

Beautiful car, like the additional touches in the paint. They really make a difference. One quick question on the wing, why did you choose that design as compared to the wing Fran sells?

Ron

Did you get the angled stem or straight stem? I've really disliked allt he mirrors I've seen so far, but yours look pretty good. I just wish there was some way you could do a mirror that wasn't obstrussive (to the look of the car) w/o drilling into the body to attach it.

I used the angled ones, that way it brings the mirrors up higher from the mounting point.

Allan,

Beautiful car, like the additional touches in the paint. They really make a difference. One quick question on the wing, why did you choose that design as compared to the wing Fran sells?

Ron

Thanks

The wing was already set up for body mounting and will allow the tail to open without taking the wing or it's mount off. So it was a lot easier to install. I was told though that the aerodynamics work better with the original wing and position.

How do you figure that's less?

That's $120/mirror (240/pr) vs the 1st link posted where it's $210 for a pair?

Steve

Supporter
He's using the same method that Congress and the White House use when determining our federal budget...........:thumbsup:

Went to work installing the Racelogic traction control this weekend.
Started with mounting the 4 wheel sensors/pick ups. The sensors use as a pick up the back of the wheel fixing bolts.

010.jpg

002.jpg

From there I moved on to the wiring which involves cutting the signal wires to the fuel injectors among other things. I'll be setting it up with weather packs so that the whole system can be disconnected and returned to its original state.

009.jpg

I bought a set of the APR mirrors.

They arrived w/ broken glass, booo :(

But on the positive side they seem to fit the car's shape and style nicely so I think I"ll use them (once replaced)

Back