SL-C in 1:12 scale

I'm in, street tail. 1/18 scale would go along nicely with other cars in my diecast collection. But I'll take any size that everyone agrees to.

A.J.

Sounds good. How about track tail and wing that is add on option? Are we thinking high detail "model" or more of a impressionistic low detail casting as decor if "desk ornament/paper weight"?

Too bad this wasn't put into action for Xmas :)

There is a current 1/12 scale GT40 Mk II available as a glue kit as most of you know. That could be a source for drivetrain and suspension parts swapping as well as wheels and tires. The kit sells for around $180.00 on the net. Be care full on your choice of scale as most RC cars are 10th scale. Doing a mold and popping out resin cast bodies is very do-able. There are "many" resin cast scale body makers across the USA already. Most have excellent quality products available in the standard model scales of 1/24, 1/24, 1/32, and 1/43. If there is a demand for these in a moderate number someone will step up to the plate. I paid $50.00 for a 65 Daytona Type"65" Coupe (supercoupe) resin body in 1/25 scale, with interior inner panels and floor pan, tail lamps and gas caps, clear windows. quality was 9.75 out of 10.0....................................just another $.02

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Why Oh.....

it does say SLC ..:thumbsup:
Well, because people were discussing GT40 and T70? Since you are forgoing either, someone should fire up their 3D printer and spin a few out. Would sell like hotcakes!

Street Tail.

Maybe an option. CNC wood. you can get a nice piece of hickory or other and make it out of a solid piece and CNC it down. Machine time should be quick. Clean up time for the CNC for wood shavings, hmmm. Then sand it a bit and some poly on it, could be really nice.

Back