SL-C in 1:12 scale

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
would a 1/12 scale fully working hydraulic lift kit on it be asking too much?
with a little red button on the dash for a little pinky finger to press and activate..?:drunk:

definitely interesting.
What can be the price for such 1/12 alu model?..can u also add the wheels,or at least the rims?
can u make so easily also other car bodies?

very interesting for me...yessss

Fran,

Since there is such a demand for the "Chica" SL-C......maybe offer "Buy the full size - get the model for free!" rather than the converse. :laugh:

My $0.02: I didn't find RCR to buy a model as Dart eloquently said. I know Jack probably started this thread more "tongue-in-cheek" to raise a lively discussion.....thanks Jack, your cunning plan worked!

You have enough on your agenda (like completing MY SL-C!) :shy: Seriously, take your time, I'm just wearing out the internet searching for ideas for my SL-C!

Doc Kaler

Doc,
Ferrari already offers such service for the (many) customers wanting the car they own in scale.
The waiting list is impressive...a personalyzed ferrari custom made in 1/43 is for nearly 500 dollars, with a waiting list of at least 4 months.
sometimes I work for the company doing this service for ferrari...but build cars for rich puppy is for me a real pain in the ass..so I always try avoid such work (I want RACE cars,...)
A professionally build model in 1/12 scale will cost some thousand dollars...and u always have the problem to find the modellers for this work (unless u choose to offer a shitty chinese made standard car...but thats another story).
In USA there are incredibly skilled modellers...
...u can always choose to "gift" the 1:8 scale model kit..but before look at the price..
1967 Ferrari 330 P4 Stewart/Amon-Diecast, diecast models, diecast model cars, diecast cars, racing videos

Thinking also at some masters I saw of some model cars I sell (actually there is aready an italian P4 in 1/12, done by MG Model Plus...),the masters are impressive,done in alluminium think it could be quite expensive (many plastic company use aluminium masters).
I was part of the staff producing metal castings for Franklin Mint when they bought the italian company making die cast airplanes in 1/48 scale.
I remember we never produced the N/AW-10B Thunderbolt II twin seater,cause the alu master was for about 10.000 dollars...in 1/48.
Maybe today is different and probably cheaper, surely if u think at a plyhuretane resin piece it will be much much more cheaper ( with a steel base, and well painted is impossible to see the diference).
In my showcase I save a Terminator 1:1 headskull done this way,(resin), and the weight is about 10 kilos, think much more heavy than Governor's real head...

If u make the Gulf Gt40 in 1/12 scale...it can be the transkit for the (maybe) upcoming trumpeter car (mk.2) ;)

..obviously..I am talking of SERIOUS models....not paper weights..:D

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I do wonder how much one of these would cost. Seriously. I kinda figured they'd be more than $60, but that's just the first number my fingers hacked out on here. hehe

Fran, if it's not terribly hard to machine a scale model out of something solid of the SL-C body, I'd love to play with making some vacuum formed RC car bodies of it. Doesn't have to be aluminum, just something fairly solid. *shrug* To fit a normal 1/10 scale chassis, we'd need it scaled to fit a 273mm wheelbase. For a 1/18 scale RC car, you need a 154mm wheelbase (which may mean the scale of the actual body isn't exactly 1/10, but it would be close). Oh, and 1/12 would be 196mm.

So if you can find a hunk of ANYTHING you can machine that can be polished or sanded to a relatively smooth surface, then we can use that. I've got small vacuum forming gear and lots of RC stuff to play with. Might be a neat promotional kind of thing, anyway. But only if it's easy to machine those plugs. Obviously I'd be happy to provide a few to RCR if it works out well.

--Donnie

Oh, and one with a wheelbase of 76mm for the 1/36 stuff would be cool. Team Losi has a really fun little vehicle ready-to-run for under $100 (complete setup). It's an off-road deal, but there are some on-road looking tires and wheels out there for it, so making one work in that size would be REALLY cool at trade shows to show off with.

--Donnie

I have this on my desk as we speak.......

Cheers

Fred W B

model%20cut.jpg

A lot changes in 5 years with the common place of 3D printers today? Just throwing it back out there as an idea. 1:24 or 1:18 might be easier for size and scale.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We can print it in 3D but I would much rather cast it in aluminum as a desk ornament/paperweight...

OK lads...street or racetail with a wing....???

if there is enough interest I will go ahead and do it...

This is a 1/18 model plane entirely done in house ( 4 years ago ) for a club of homebuilders who wanted to have their project on top the desk
Tooling what surprinsingly very low because was just cost of silicon and some fun week end to cast all various molds ; then each moldel cast in polyurethan resin was so cheap that everyone where happy with !!

3rd pic is a view of 1/18 and 1/43 model cars done years ago when I was part of LM team before retiring

All these models where hand made ( say at very low reasonable price and limited batches) on basis of 3D printing masters so no need of very expensive / consuming time and money toolings

Attachments

• DSC00136.JPG
    DSC00136.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC00137.JPG
    DSC00137.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC00139.JPG
    DSC00139.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 417
Back