SL-c Tire Question

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Seriously, AAA is your friend - they always came through when I neeeded a flatbed to get my Esprit home......not that the SLC would ever be as unreliable as a Lotus.....

Dave L

AAA card - agree. I've used it for motel discounts, car parts discounts (ask when checking out at the counter re: NAPA) and they also have car trailer/tow coverage, though I don't have that.

Plan #3 (possibly replacing plan #1):

Drive to Dave's and steal one or more of his wheels.:D (Having said that, if his car is completed, it will most likely be far better than mine, so I'll just take the whole car and leave him my flat tire). :drunk:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Ben -

You have seen the state of my SLC right?!? ;-)

If you ever need help with a flat tire I'll be happy to help you out with one of my Corvette wheels/tires. Something tells me your SLC will be done well before mine and to a much higher standard.

Dave L

Thanks Dave, and it goes without saying that should you be in need of any assistance whatsoever (and I do mean whatsoever), I'm just a phone call away.

Ben -

You have seen the state of my SLC right?!? ;-)

If you ever need help with a flat tire I'll be happy to help you out with one of my Corvette wheels/tires. Something tells me your SLC will be done well before mine and to a much higher standard.

Dave L

Something tells me everybody's will be done before I get my engine at this pace :(

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Will 20x13 / 19x10 (typical +1s for a Z06) fit the car? M

Those are pretty close to ZR1 size and the ZR1 tires are the same outer diameter as Z06.

Here is what you would need: (ZR1 size)

19x10 wheel +40 offset 285/30/19 front

20x12 wheel +59 offset 335/25/20 rear

Ken Roberts

Supporter
No one has yet to install ZR1 sizes yet that I know of. Here are the facts about their size.
1- same overall diameter as Z06.
2- same offset as Z06.
3- same width as Z06 although the fronts are .5" wider on ZR1
4- Zr1 uses bigger brake calipers and the ZR1 wheels and tires fit on Z06 cars. Lots of C6 (Z06)Corvette owners upgrade to the ZR1 combination.

I was going to go with ZR1 tires and wheels. The only reason I didn't was the fact that a few ZR1 owners were getting wheel damage from hitting pot holes (due to the thinner sidewall). As long as you maintain the same overall diameter/offset/width and have clearance for the brake calipers then it should work.

Post #2 & 3 didn't work because the owner went to a overall "taller" diameter tire. The ZR1 maintains the same overall tire diameter as the required Z06 size..

Last edited:
If the overall ID is the same then it will not be a an issue as Ken mentions....but as yet I dont know anyone that has tried in the real world.

Back