SL-c Tire Question

Going to order tires soon. Budget wise... I'm looking at the Nitto Invo - it comes in the stock sizes of 275/35/18 frts. and 325/30/19 rears, but the tire wear ratings are different for the frts. vs. backs. 220 & 260 IIRC. Here's the question: Nitto NT-05's are also available in matching tread wear but the rears are 335/30/19's. I used an on-line tire comparator and the size differences seem negligible.

Are there any fitment issues with this slightly wider/shorter tire on the stock F14 wheel and/or susp./body.

Regards -- Sharkey

325/30/19.....only on the stock wheels

Alex tried fitting larger tyres to his stock sized wheels....against our recommendations...and he now has some rather large lovely rubber paperweights.

335/19 and above did not work out well for me.

If you want 335/345, use the 18s.

325/30/19.....only on the stock wheels

Alex tried fitting larger tyres to his stock sized wheels....against our recommendations...and he now has some rather large lovely rubber paperweights.

Alexisisisisisisisiis, always knowing better than the manufacturer :drunk:

I got a set of Bridgestone 050As for $1650 shipped

325/30x19
275/35x18

Got them from Tirebuyer with no shipping.

From TireRack:
2x 275/35ZR -18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport XL $287.00 $574.00
2x 325/30ZR -19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport XL $509.00 $1,018.00

$1,660.28 shipped to RCR.

These are the follow-on model to the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and are called PS3 in Europe apparently.

Jeez..... everybody keeps blowing my budget out of the water. I appreciate the info though - Thx, Mike

Hey Shark...

I'm in the same boat as you. Looking for tires, and seriously considering the INVO's.

I would've bought them by now, but there's something about a car that can't carry a spare and isn't tow truck friendly, that makes me wanna look for run flats.

I'm picking up my car in a few weeks, so I'd better figure it out :huh:

Hey Shark...

I'm in the same boat as you. Looking for tires, and seriously considering the INVO's.

I would've bought them by now, but there's something about a car that can't carry a spare and isn't tow truck friendly, that makes me wanna look for run flats.

run flats suck

Alternatives: 1) fix-a-flat can behind the seat
2) circle the neighborhood and never leave
3) AAA card in wallet
4) don't get a flat
5) wax car every weekend and don't drive it - too many bugs
6) bring car entourage & travel in packs

:drunk::shocked:

Seriously though - I've been just lucky I guess - several sports cars over the last 10 years- 35K miles between them and no flats. I know I just jinxed myself

Hey Shark...

Yos, my plan is to stash a can of Fix-A-Flat and go! Done, no worries.
You can always clean up the mess it leaves later.

Yos, my plan is to stash a can of Fix-A-Flat and go! Done, no worries.
You can always clean up the mess it leaves later.

And I will run a TPMS system as well, which will be especially helpful to get early read on a slow leak, not to speak of knowing temperature and pressure at all times. Simple systems go for as little as $150 for 4 sensors and display.

Tim

Jeez..... everybody keeps blowing my budget out of the water. I appreciate the info though - Thx, Mike

Budget:
"An estimate of income and expenditure for a set period of time."

Common Sense:
"Plain ordinary good judgment; sound practical sense."

I don't think a car like the SL-C can apply within' the definitions for either...

;)

Most of the 40s out there have dissimilar tires and don't carry spares. And if we did, which tire would you want to carry as a spare???
I have a little work bag with a tire repair kit and mini compressor that runs off the accessory plug mounted under my dash. It doubles as a phone charger hook up as well or anything that needs that kind of power. All at Harbor Freight for just a few bucks(most everything I have is /was on sale). I had a lot of other things in the bag but over the years of my build I have used them on other things like my can of fix a flat which needs to be replaced.

P1010039-2.jpg

These bags can carry a lot of stuff like fuses, first aid kits, universal screw driver with magnetized bits, adjustable wrench(two sizes), adjustable pliers, long hemostat, portable socket set(sae and metric) set of speed wrenches), collapsible magnet wand, mini LED flashlight etc., etc.

Bill

Seriously though - I've been just lucky I guess - several sports cars over the last 10 years- 35K miles between them and no flats. I know I just jinxed myself

Unfortunately that's not the case for me! It seems nails and screws follow me around everywhere. I've had a flat on almost every car I've owned. Not always leaving me stranded though...

I was going down a dirt road once and started to hear a loud "clanking" sound. When I pulled over there was an open end wrench stuck cleanly through my tire! Took forever to pull back out... :shout:

I was planning on buying a used Corvette wheel and mounting a used tire on it. Should I get a flat, I just ring up the wife and have her bring the wheel and a jack.

Plan #2: If my wife isn't available (probably at her boyfriend's), I find the nearest Corvette and nick a wheel.

Do you guys not have that stuff that goes inside that tyre and then when you get a puncture it leaks out and seals?

Apparently it's horrible for tyre changers and I would imagine that you might not accidentally realise you had a puncture, so perhaps not a great idea, just an option.

I was planning on buying a used Corvette wheel and mounting a used tire on it. Should I get a flat, I just ring up the wife and have her bring the wheel and a jack.

Plan #2: If my wife isn't available (probably at her boyfriend's), I find the nearest Corvette and nick a wheel.

:lol:

Back