SLC 24 Howard Jones

SB100 is really pretty good IMO, especially the body year provision. I've certainly seen the brake light test requirement before - hopefully not too onerous. Having no smog testing gives you a lot of flexibility, which hopefully isn't abused, although putting a carburetor on probably is ;)

As you probably already know, look after the SB100 sticker and paperwork when you move. It'll help with resale value if the car ever comes back to California. Enjoy the, even cheaper, petrol in Texas!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Well you are right about SB100. It works and people get to use their cars. The thing to remember is to just work through the process and do it legally.

The parking brake thing isn't that big a deal. It's just that I was hoping not to spend the extra money on parts I don't want on the car. But in the end a ebrake might be required in TX when I get there anyway.

Nothing wrong with carbs, they make the same power as FI, pretty easy to tune, easy to troubleshoot at the track, and 1/10 the cost of an FI system.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Fully in compliance with California SB100 smog requirement. Yes sir, I installed a crank case ventilation system just like you said, sir.

Attachments

• HPIM2208.jpg
    HPIM2208.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 534
  • HPIM2209.jpg
    HPIM2209.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Went looking for the oil leak. Sometimes things are so simple they make you what to cry. What's funny is all three of the others are filled with hardware. The only one I didn't use was the one that leaks.

Attachments

• MysteriousSmallBlockChevyOilLeak.jpg
    MysteriousSmallBlockChevyOilLeak.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 468

Howard Jones

Supporter
Completed California registration today with passing a brake and light test. I then took my completed package back to the DMV, waited a bit, handed it in and........ and......wait for it.............license plates, 2016 stickers, and valid registration.

Done!!!!

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Thanks Fran, It took awhile I guess, but I just couldn't stop making it my way. That IS the point of a SLC build IMHO, They can be done many ways, from straight from the box to any way you want it.

Now to get it into my new garage and make it faster!

I'm coming over!

Howard is the reason I was OK with the idea of building a component car. Out of the blue I called him and asked if he would show me around his GT40 and share his thoughts on the whole idea. Although we had never met he said OK and the rest is history.

I bought an SLC because of him, and he bought one because of me.......a vicious circle indeed.

Back