SLC 36 Cam's Build

OK, i think i solved the problem of induction. Turn the SLC into a hatchback and stick the rat tail out the back...?

You could do that, but here's the proper answer for induction :)

5QFC1150b.jpg

I got the fuel tank cut for the fuel sender from digidash. I got a 2nd gasket and made a Al plate for the bolt pattern. then cut the plate in half, tied a string to it and stuffed it into the 2" hole. Opened it up and aligned inside, this way i didn't have to cut a 2nd hole into the fuel tank to mount the sender bracket from the inside.

For intake, i found a 120 degree 4" Al elbow form Spectre. Nice, it has a 4" radius. I had to shave off about another 20 degrees, so it's probably 140. Then snaked Spectre flex tubing under the SLC crossmember. OK, it looks like dryer tub, but only a short lenght. Put a giant 14" K&N cone to top it off. I took measurements with the rear clip on and it should fit. I might have to oval out the 4" tube a tad

Spectre Performance - Official Site

Attachments

• Fuel sender bracket.jpg
    Fuel sender bracket.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 418
  • P7270017.jpg
    P7270017.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 387
  • Intake 140.jpg
    Intake 140.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 388
WhooHooo!

You rock Cam! Thanks for the vid, that little fire up sequence on the dash was cool, what do the buttons in either side of the start button control? Nice idle, nice glowing red cats too.

Congrats

Mesa, working with the Digidash, nice. So far not a glitsch, tach, oil temp, coolant temp, oil pressure all come up. I've put fuel pump, horn, interior light and 1 button unassigned on the 4 buttons

Terry;
I've added the glass packs and tips to the exhaust. it quiets the idle quite a bit. But when you hit wide open throttle, i don't think it quiets it a bit. Perfect!
But I do love that lopy idle with open cats, plus watching them is pretty cool. kind like getting mesmerized by a campfire. I can also see that the odd banks have alot more unburned fuel, flames....

Here is a shot of the heat shields I just had welded. My cats turned out about 3 inches from my CV boot. didn't seem like a long term solution. I just used the Ford Gt mounting holes. Got the axles on with the new adapters from driveshaft solutions. They were great to work with. I'd make sure your axles have the adapter and the holes just aren;t reemed out. It takes 36 bolts instead of 24 but looks more balanced...

Another shot of induction. I stuffed a 15" K&N cone in front of induction. Once i get it on the road I plan to make an airbox and replace the flex hose with welded ovaled Al. Right now I just want to get it driving.

Attachments

• induction2.jpg
    induction2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 570
  • P8220007.jpg
    P8220007.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 514
  • P8220010.jpg
    P8220010.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 490
BTW, for fluids, it took 4.25 gallons of 50/50 Anti freeze. I used 6 pints of willwood brake fluid for the full bleed of clutch and brakes. I had torque the snot out of the brake lines so I'd recomend line wrenches, especially on the NPT's.
On my fittings, I needed 7/16", 1/2" and a 10mm (a little hard to find).

And it drinks hi-test fuel...!

:thumbsup:
fast? wutcha talkin bout? the terrier almost whipped you from 0 to 60 :)

congrats!!! and yes we all count...i just cant count that high :(

Back