So what's your license plate gonna say ?

So what\'s your license plate gonna say ?

I haven't thought of one yet. But I definetly want a clever one.
Hey do you guys in the UK get to have vanity plates? I can't recall ever seeing any.
Let's see if we can get some creative ideas for plates going here.

Hersh
smile.gif

Re: So what\'s your license plate gonna say ?

Mine will read "GT 4T". I always say this car will be for my little girl(15 months) who's name is Taylor aka T. "Thanks Hershal" is just too long and I think it maybe taken
John

I might go with the plate off my Cobra BUH BYE1 or GT40-- CAV GT40 -- FAST 40 --- DONT KNO --- WHAT VET

G

BLEWBYU, GIVEUP, ROARN40, SEE YA
A few ideas. Mine will have the 1965 plate that was on my Cobra: KDS 555

G

Most of the good ones in NZ have already been snapped up - GT40, 4DGT40, GTD40 etc etc. I have GT 1046 which is the car I'm attempting to replicate. Have thought about 40in HI though. 200MPH is gone dammit, but I believe MKI 40 is still available as are a lot of ones such as 66 GT40 and so on.

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Brian Stewart ]

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company

This is one of the most asked questions here at Roaring Forties. My car is registered as "Fourty" 40 with a slight Irish twang !!!!!
I have recently purchased "FORDGT" which is perfect with the other plate. Yesterday I managed to get " FGT40P " for a car which is just completed. The F can stand for Ford or Fake whichever you please. That takes me to a series of interesting French names which are in keeping with the GT40. SARTHE is the name of the village at Le Mans, FAUX is the French for fake I think and JUIN 66 is the date in French that Le Mans took place. Let your mind go and please come back with your ideas .
smile.gif

Best wishes to all,

Robert Logan

G

Hello! This is the first time posting, But I have been reading all what you guys are posting. It looks graet! It am finishing a KVA kit, building most all of the components myself. My screen name and my lience plate are the same. ITFLYZ will tell most people what this car is about!

Here in the UK we don't have vanity plates only personalised plates,and all the interesting one's have long been snapped-up. A good GT40 related plate can cost as much as a reasonable second hand 40. And if the car you built is not sourced from new parts you end up with a Q plate which devalues the car even more. Nice to see another UK Enthusiast on board Hi Chris!
Ian

All you guys are coming up with good stuff, all I can think of is "4RE KLR". After all, that's what this beautiful little car did.
Oh !, another on could be "1 LEMANS" (WON LAMANS).

Hersh
smile.gif

PS.. It is so pleasing to see such a diverse group from all over this globe. I look forward so much to getting to know all of you!

Well, as I posted before, I hope to get
ENZOWHO. If not, GT4TISA (Tisa is my
wife's nickname since she was a tot).

Ian

G

How about BEATNZO, 200N5TH, WHPD4RE, COPBAIT,

G

Mine will read NOTENZO or ENZO NO
grin.gif

G

Pulled a couple of fast ones and had my GTD GT registered the month after I purcahsed the kit. I have the plate "65 GT40" lalying by my front window waitimg to be installed. My DMV Registration Form has "Number of years registered - 36"

I don't know if everybody knows, but they now have 7-digit number plates, in Queensland at least.
I've been thinking eiter QIKGT40, 13B EATA,
485BHP, VK (Commodore) KILLA, and they're probably taken, but NICECAR and FASTCAR.
By the way, if you're wondering about my hate of rotaries, I actually don't hate them, it's just that the drivers and constantly degrading V8's, that's all.
(I've seen V8 ETA before)

G

Already Got my plates,(66 GT40) now I just have to finish the car and I' be as happy as a pig in P...

Can't wait!!

Rick Virago
cool.gif

There are different combinations allowed in australia depending on which state you register in. I have LMGT40 and the car next door has FGT40. the original GT40 up in Queensland has GT40RD. regards

Well, I just managed to register 66GT40 (NSW), which leaves me with the small matter of deciding what to bolt them on to.....hmmm, I wonder......

G

Hey Hersh, yes we do have vanity plates of sorts in the UK... as long as you can make it work in the DVLA guidelines. I have been trying to get the DVLA to release 2 plates to me for some time, but they just keep refusing!! They are:

1) A GT40 5L (AGT 405 L)
2) G740 MKV

I keep on hoping...

Brett

Back