Something is missing

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Bob, I don't think I have, do you have a link?

Ryan, that is an Olthoff mod. The stock nostril blocks off part of the fans. He cuts that out and then bolts on a new fabrication that turns down at the bottom so the entire fan and radiator is exposed.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Worked on it some today

2017060400.jpg

2017060401.jpg

Mike,

Here is the link: Le Mans in GT40, LM Classic 2008 - YouTube

Notice the rpm of his shift points and then listen on the straights. He revs higher down the straights and sounds like he lifts to avoid over reving. If that is a 220 mph speedo, then he is doing 200 on the straight. Therefore, he runs out of gears before he runs out of power. That is an original GT40 with a 289. Fantastic sounds. I think that is what I will enjoy about my GT40 as much as anything.

On the nostrils, I did the same thing. http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/42186-tornado-gt40-texas-9.html?highlight=tornado+gt40+in+texas #163.

After I did that, I found out that evidently the CAV comes with the deep double nostrils. I think it is a mandatory modification.

The attached photo shows my finished nostrils.

-Bob Woods

Attachments

• steering 023.jpg
    steering 023.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 236

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Wow, that sound great! I would agree that is either 180 or 200. I would guess mine would run out of gears closer to 180 than 200 but don't remember what it came out to be.

Mike,

I will run out of gears too. According to theory and my estimated horsepower, I should be able to hit 216 mph; however, at 7,000 rpm I will be at 190 mph... like I will ever drive that fast! But, more importantly, at 60 mph I will be turning 2100 rpm.

-Bob Woods

Attachments

• speed in gears cropped.jpg
    speed in gears cropped.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 247

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Its alive! One small coolant leak to be addressed. Everything else seems to be in order. Hopefully be ready for July 4th weekend reveal. Been a long 2 years! This is at my place at 9K feet elevation so its pretty sloppy up here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qJaNuKF1cB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back