Southern GT Chassis #54 Build - The What Have I Done Chronicles!!

Shaun

Supporter
Anyone any idea what the thread size for the oil pressure gauge in a 302 block is so I can get the correct adaptor? Mind you I wish I had fitted it before the AC compressor, my hands are just tooooo big :)
Fuel tanks now in, that was a tight fit as well, as seems most parts of this fine car are.

Hi Shaun,
Strange coincidence that I've got one on my shopping list for today for the next '40 I've got in build. The thread size in the block is 1/4" NPT and I use an adapter to AN-3 so I can then do remote mounted oil light & gauge sensors
regards,
Andy

Shaun

Supporter
Cheers Andy!! I had read 1/4 NPT but thanks for confirming, going to be a squeeze getting it all in there now the AC compressor is in!!

Shaun

Supporter
Ok so went to put the oil pressure sender on now I have the correct reducer but the one from EBT instruments to match my gauge does not fit, it won't screw in as it fouls the block slightly but mainly it fouls the AC compressor, any options? Fit to the oil cooler take off maybe? Or the cooler itself?

Shaun

Supporter
Oh and anyone any idea on the size, make, etc of a suitable oil cooler setup? 331 mildly stroked 71 block
Ta

Shaun

Supporter
Cheers Ian will do
Thanks Paul, I did mull over that as an option, I have found some sandwich plates that seem to have an oil pressure takeoff but that ETB sensor seems beefy so may not fit even that, did not realise you had those gauges, I spent ages looking then plumped for their GT40 range and really like the clean look