SouthernGT No8

Martin

Well Done!!!

I know how much work is needed to get a pass at SVA/IVA.
Just a point, if you want to have a copy of the IVA document invoices etc after registration; take a copy of the documents you send for registration application; they are not sent back to you with the registration document.

Steve

Cheers everyone.

Steve I didn't realise they kept all the receipts sent to them I just thought it was the certificate. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards Martin

Just a quick update. Should have my car home this week then registration on the 2nd March. Can't wait.
Mick down at SouthernGT has done a brilliant job for me and I can't thank him, Adam and Ben enough for all the effort and patience they have shown throughout the build.
Next on my wish list will be a Carbon Fibre rear clip which Mick has developed over the last few months. For anyone wishing to shed a few pounds this would be the way to go. At present it weighs in at 13.6kgs and when the inner arches are fitted should top out at 16kgs. My basic rear clip weighs in at 44kgs without any paint so the savings are considerable.
Regards Martin.

Attachments

• P2182551 14-24-54.jpg
    P2182551 14-24-54.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 761
The sun shone today so it was time to drive my car for the first time. Quite a nerve racking time. Apart from a few clearance issues when you accelerate and the engine moves froward everything went well.
The car is really quick and responsive and the handling is something else. May have to play with spring rates but thats about it. Its taken me three and a half years of blood sweat and tears to get this far, only now does it all seem worth it.

Martin

Martin,

Great inspirational news, hope the weather is good next Wednesday and you can bring it to the meeting.

Nick

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Martin - I somehow missed your post back in April....

Congratulations on the drive (hopefully many more since then) and on your birthday!

Check out my new exhaust.

Attachments

• P1010618.jpg
    P1010618.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 655
  • P1010619.jpg
    P1010619.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 633
  • P1010626.jpg
    P1010626.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 657
  • P1010628.jpg
    P1010628.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 633
  • DSC03505.jpg
    DSC03505.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 666

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Martin - Now there is some seriously NICE fabrication work!!! :thumbsup:

I love the quality of the welding!

Hi Martin,

Who did the fabrication for your beautiful exhaust system. I see a tag with Simpson on it, where are they located?

Thanks a lot,

Gord

Martin,
I am seeing several(4) lines running very close to some of the exhast tubes in your pics. Two of them seem to be block breather lines, and the third is the vent for the trans. What is the one running down by the #8 cylinder? Does it need to be relocated? Should the trans line use a 90 degree fitting? That is a pretty hot point right there. Nice work though.

Bill

Hi Bill

The photo's are a little misleading as the trans and breather pipes are not that close. The cool tube one protects the throttle cable which I am going to work on as it is about 1" away from the exhaust. Not bothered with the car for months due to the cold weather but that is improving as well as my interest in the car.
Not sure what to do with the throttle cable may put a crank or wheel in at the back of the carb to take the cable across the back of the engine at 90 degrees to parallel the exhaust pipes then into the sills. Any ideas would be welcome.

Martin

Chuck

Supporter
Hi Bill

Not sure what to do with the throttle cable may put a crank or wheel in at the back of the carb to take the cable across the back of the engine at 90 degrees to parallel the exhaust pipes then into the sills. Any ideas would be welcome.

Martin

Could you flip the carb around 180 degrees and run the cable forward through the cabin? That is what I did and it has worked very well. No issues with interference with the headers. Details on my build blog.

Unfortunately at this point it might be a big job.

Contests on your good progress. Sure looks good.

Back