Spa 29/30th June 2009

Malcolm

Supporter
A group of us are planning on going to Spa in late June with Gold Track for two days of open pit lane running. At present our group consists of two 40's (a GTD and a Southern GT) and a brace of 996 GT3 RS P'cars. Should be excellent.

Anyone else interested?

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Toni

If you want to join in, call Melindi on ++44 1327 361361. She is organising the day. She will be very happy to try and help you along. Mention my name so she knows where your interest came from! I hear the garages are massive at Spa so she would most likley put you in with us as a group no problem.

We were thinking of being a bit crazy and going on to the Ring afterwards. Would you be able to find out what public days are happening there? Or could you point me in the right direction to find out myself?

If this runs in future years I'll be in like a shot.

Going to Spa for the F1 this year (2nd time to Belgium), Silver 2 grandstand opposite the GP2 pit exit.

Cheers

Craig

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Craig

It is quite easy to get on track at Spa and often club members go. Furure years should be fine so long as the vegetarians don't get the circuit banned in the meantime. Already it now has a noise limit (105 dB) which is a shame as I got a set of megaphones for my car! :-(

The Mk.II ran standard megaphones but I will be having a set of "legal" pipes made as well. ;) Already got the headers so once we confirm chassis and body fit offsets I can look at the pipes.

I'll look forward to booking up in the future.

Cheers

Craig

It would be great to join you guys for this, but as you can see, my rebuild is a little way off! Still nothing like a deadline, even if it's just dreaming!!!

Attachments

• Rear Suspension and wheels test fitted.jpg
    Rear Suspension and wheels test fitted.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 249
I would love to go, either with Radical or GT40, but am not sure whether I can justify the expense at the moment. Have been for the last 2 years, last year with the Radical. The new garages are very spacious and well equipped with loos and power points - I would guess they could accommodate some 6 cars with room to work on them. Also they can be locked overnight, so you can leave the cars there. Last year we even left our covered trailer in the garage overnight.

When we planned to combine a visit to Spa with one to the Ring as well the year before last (just another 65 miles or so) they rather inconveniently had a 24 hour race at the Ring, which with practice and the race meant that it was not available for several days. As you probably know, it is road legal cars only (or cars that look as though they are road legal!) on public days at the Ring.

Anyway, I will let you know. I must say I am very tempted to have another go on the best race track in the world. Also the Goldtrack days are well run and informal (you don't need the drivers briefing again on the second day) and there never seem to be a large number of cars on track.

Where are you staying, by the way?

Chris

Back