SPF #2285 Born, But Still Coming To Life

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
CORRECTION on tire post #333 Above, and more info

(Deleted),

Your questions made me review my article. Thankfully it did, and I discovered a glaring mistake. The new 17" steel betls are Pirelli and not Michelin. The Michelins are on my Z06. Sorry about that!

The backs are as follows. I don't remember the fronts right now, but they are smaller.

Size 335/35ZR17
Rim 12"
Width Sect. 13.8"
Width Tread 13.3"
Load Max. 2094 lbs.
Press. 51 psi
Diam. 26.1"

The P Zero System is Pirelli's Max Performance Summer tire system offering the possibility of selecting from two different tire designs tuned to be used separately or in unison depending on the type of car, driving conditions and driving style. Designed to heighten performance in the dry and especially in the wet, P Zero System tires were originally developed for some of the world's fastest cars, such as Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Porsche. Like all summer tires, P Zero System tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The P Zero System's two different options include the P Zero Asimmetrico and P Zero Direzionale. P Zero Asimmetrico all-position or rear-axle tires feature an asymmetrical tread design to focus on transmitting torque to the road with specialized features enhancing cornering power. P Zero Direzionale front position tires feature a directional tread design to focus on hydroplaning resistance and wet surface road holding for cars fitted with wide section width front tires. Both tires' internal structure features twin steel belts reinforced with nylon cap plies on top of a rayon casing to blend responsive handling with high-speed durability.

Robert

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Initial Experiment With GoPro Cams . . .

Woke up early Thanksgiving morning with great expectation. Was anxious to experiment with both the miniature HD video acquisition camera, and the car cloaking device, which originated behind the green-door by a few of those clever members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzOddxdpNJI

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Best time of the day to drive a GT40. Did you get the eye from all those CHP officers? Whatever freeway this is take your GT40 down it some early morning and share that video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl3eK2QrDD0]Ferrari F50 and Lamborghini LP640 high speed on freeway! - YouTube[/ame]

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Re: Initial Experiment With GoPro Cams . . .

'Wonder what the multi-car LEO parade was all about at 4:50 or so...

'Starting their morning shift maybe? Is there a P.D. station close by?

I had no idea what interesting and unusual adventures awaited me and the Gulf Car. The first special event became known as I drove around the hillside and viewed the most awesome Heaven sent sunrise I had ever before viewed. The second event concerned the circumstances that arose which required switching on the cloaking device for the very first time.

Twenty minutes into my drive, the Anaheim Police radio squealed-out an APB for what the dispatcher described as, an order to locate the marauding Gulf car. Poor choice of words indeed. Insiders later said that the call emptied the station-house, and all available cars caravanned to the last reported area. Lucky for me and the Gulf car, I spotted the cavalry before they spotted me. I hesitated at first to throw the switch, but seconds after I did, the only thing I felt was a wee bit dizzy for a few seconds, and then pleasantly pleased. The cloaker worked as advertised, and I slipped by the police as they hunted in vain for the Gulf car. Wow, this Thanksgiving really was special, and it was all caught on tape, and in high definition too.

Well, er, ah, I have no idea, really . . . . But it was a curious circumstance :thumbsup:

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Ah yes, you did the "Philadelphia Experiment".

Did Mr. Tesla do your system?

Philadelphia — Anaheim — It was the same Experiment. Good call.

We initially wanted Tesla, but he had not yet found the key, to find his way behind the green door. So, we trusted Rick, Ron and the others, and were very glad we did . . .

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Note to Robert:

The only really effective cloaking devise to date available to the general public (and it isn't 100% fool proof by any means) is marketed under the brand name 'TOTAL DARKNESS'!

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Folk in America still love GT40s

In The Early Morning Sun . . . The Gold Pearl Pops

1fin.jpg3Fin.jpg2Fin.jpg

Introduction GT40 p2285|1969 GT40 Wide Body|Gulf Heritage

Last edited:

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Robert - I was in Irvine a few days ago on business. You've had a nice week of weather to enjoy your car. Thanks for sharing your photos. Your website is also excellent!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Your website is an interesting read. Do I understand correctly that your car it titled as a 1965 in the state of CA?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I was wondering how you got that black plate? I see there is a program to purchase replica CA plates but it doesn't go into effect till 2015.

I was wondering how you got that black plate? I see there is a program to purchase replica CA plates but it doesn't go into effect till 2015.

Everybody knows somebody with a spray gun and masking tape. It's not hard to imagine how a plate could change color. As long as the colors are appropriate, it's unlikely that the cops would even notice.

Now, if you decided to paint them pink, that would be another story.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Robert - I was in Irvine a few days ago on business. You've had a nice week of weather to enjoy your car. Thanks for sharing your photos. Your website is also excellent!

Dave! The weather here has been and remains either really pleasant or really scary depending on who you converse with. Some folk are fearful of global warming, others think it's just a very wonderful early springtime. It was 80 on Christmas day. Last week during one day, the record was broken for an 85 degree day in Laguna Beach. It's never that warm there even in the heart of summer. Yesterday I drove Pacific Coast Highway from Dana Point Harbor to Sunset Beach, and the home folk and tourists were out in large numbers enjoying.

Next time you come west, if you have a space in your agenda, diner or lunch on me. We can tell some tales, some lies, and share our GT40 experiences.

Thanks for the good vibes for the p2285 website. Early on, I decided to tackle and prevail on the unnecessarily confusing lack-of-understanding of the issues concerning kit, replica, continuation and original GT40s, and the ramifications of each. I hope I'm making a difference, but it's an uphill battle.

All good things, Robert :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I read this on your site

While p2285 is correctly registered as a 1965 GT40, we can't help but think of it as a 1969 GT40. This is because it was equipped with the famous 1968/1969 extra wide body rear clamshell, wider rear wheels and tires, and larger 7L (427 C.I. SBF) engine.

I thought 1075 ran a Gurney-Weslake 4.9 liter engine?

Back