SPF #2285 Born, But Still Coming To Life

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Re: Braces For Our p2285 . . .

Robert where did you get that canard setup? I want them, looks great.

Nick,

I did purchase my conards at Olthoff Racing. I can't remember if the brace bar for the conards were supplied by Denis Olthoff, or if I purchased them separately.

Those conards were priced fairly, and tended to match my brushed side mirrors. Their curvature provided flexible positioning forward and back, as well as the downward angle.

HTH, Robert p2285

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
GT40 Mrk I p2285 — Conard and Conard Brace Install . . .

HTML:
Conard and Conard Brace Install
attachment.jpg

attachment-3.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
GT40 Mrk I p2285 — Picts Of Lift System Install GT40 . . .

HTML:
Picts Of Lift System Install GT40
The lift system can be configured to lift only the front body, or it can lift both the front and rear body. I opted for the four wheel lift system.

attachment-1.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

attachment.jpg

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
GT40 Mrk I p2285 — Hydraulic Lift System Company . . .

HTML:
Hydraulic Lift System Company
Car lift system makers are sometimes difficult to locate because: there are hydraulic car lifts such as the low rider lifts; those lifts fill your car trunk with much equipment. They can lay the car flat on the ground (slamming it), and/or raise it very high.

The type of lift I was seeking would raise and lower the car nearly 2”, and would take up hardly any room.

I had the best luck when I searched for auto suspension lifts. The brand name of mine was KW, and they are sold at most larger auto parts stores, and internet stores. Earlier on this build thread, I did show picts and video of the small control box. I elected to install it in the front nose area. I also showed photos of the lift mechanisms beneath the coil-overs. Maybe search by key name lift. If you can't find it, I'll try to search for the picts. BTW, I did forget to mention they also have a remote control FOB.

Robert Sackett, GT40 p2285

Here is a two minute demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=Y0H-bfUKRxI

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
GT40 Mrl I p2285 — Intakes, Stacks and Air Filter Resistance

HTML:
Intakes, Stacks and Air Filter Resistance
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>​
For those New GT40 Builds
View attachment Intakes, Stacks and Air Filter Resistance.pdf

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Ian,
You have a sharp mind my friend. Yea, I think we (my mechanic and I) figured it out. I found some very small but sharp metal fragments on a couple of the pulleys; No doubt from other fan belts that burned through their rubber ribs and burned the steal inside of them. Once I burnished those off, I then decided to really add more tension to the belt once it was put on, then it worked as it should. It likely sounds strange but my mechanic didn't detect the steel burrs and only guessed at the amount of tension. Thank you for remembering and for caring about my small problem that caused much towing and other expenses. Robert

Back