Stephan's SLC Build Log

From the finished oil cooling system back to the fuel system. The swirl tank was relocated from outboard to inboard. In order to make this accessible, the floor next to the fuel tank received a hatch. Now all fuel components can be reached without any problems from the rear and the bottom.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
A status update:

The engine bay is 99% done. I made the harness for the accelerator pedal extension and the linkage. Pedal box installed. All fluids are in and the fuel system was primed and adjusted in standalone mode. So far no leaks but I had to rebuild the front brake master cylinder. The one delivered with the kit had a bad seal in it and lost pressure. Found rebuild kit on Ebay. Clutch hydraulics are also filled and bled. I found a suitable crankcase breather, fittings and carbon canister with bracket. Today I ordered my new steering wheel and push button system, more about that when I took delivery. I started routing under dash wiring, closed up the access holes under the dash. Tank cover is installed. Added additional outputs to the rear power cell to drive the door actuators with the key fob. Filler neck is completed. The intake tubes are now all brushed instead of polished. Finished engine wiring and wrapped the exhaust tubes above the V-bands.

Here are some impressions of the finished work
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Stephan, it’s a work of art how it is all coming together. Love the coolers in the diffuser and many other items. Can’t wait to hear that OHC LS7 come to life!
 
I received the custom made gauges. Though that this is period correct and I just love analog stuff. Everything will sit inside carbon fiber. For now I only have four small gauges for the essential hardware but additional ones already pre-wired. If I can find the space to accommodate them there will be a few more. The two large ones are 4.5 in. OD and some creativity is required to fit them.
 

Attachments

Some progress on the instrument fitment. Took some massaging to get these large roundies where I wanted them. Mockup with acrylic panel so far so good. The final will be in carbon fiber. Molded the perimeter with hairy glass and Bondo for finishing. Now the instrument opening is inverted from what the factory makes. I have to remodel the steering column shroud since all switches will be removed. More to come...
 

Attachments

Top